Anybody Have Pictures of Cute Crosses - especially Jersey Giant?

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
I am getting a Jersey Giant Roo and I am excited to see what kids of babies I will get! I would love anyone's cross breed pics! My other girls are Lavender, Blue, and Buff Orpingtons, Cream Legbar, Speckled Sussex, and White Maran. Any other crosses would be great to see too!

Also - will the pullet babies of a cream legbar and jersey giant lay blue eggs?

Thanks!

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Is the JG black or blue or what?

Crossed to the cream legbar... will give you greenish eggs and sex linked chicks... I believe.

The Lav will breed as black... so black chicks.

The white will dominate.. so white chicks of good eatin when crossed to the Marans.

If the cock is black you will get 50% black and 50% blue chicks when crossed to the blue Orp.

Crossed to buff... black with leakage offspring. All will have straight combs.

Check out this tool, it doesn't account for leakage or have every color. The second drop down tab is in English...
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Good luck! :pop

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Is the JG black or blue or what?

Crossed to the cream legbar... will give you greenish eggs and sex linked chicks... I believe.

The Lav will breed as black... so black chicks.

The white will dominate.. so white chicks of good eatin when crossed to the Marans.

If the cock is black you will get 50% black and 50% blue chicks when crossed to the blue Orp.

Crossed to buff... black with leakage offspring. All will have straight combs.

Check out this tool, it doesn't account for leakage or have every color. The second drop down tab is in English...
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Good luck! :pop

Wow! Thank you so much that is so helpful! The JG is black. I am so excited to see all these little guys :)
Thanks for the tool too!

Old thread but my hen is splash jersey giant and roo is buff Orpington

Attachments

• 20200909_170716.jpg
    20200909_170716.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 59
I am getting a Jersey Giant Roo and I am excited to see what kids of babies I will get! I would love anyone's cross breed pics! My other girls are Lavender, Blue, and Buff Orpingtons, Cream Legbar, Speckled Sussex, and White Maran. Any other crosses would be great to see too!

Also - will the pullet babies of a cream legbar and jersey giant lay blue eggs?

Thanks!
I have a rooster whos dad is a white jersey gaint and a lavender orpington mom! Here he is!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1820126239.jpg
    Snapchat-1820126239.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 40
I have Buff Orpington x Jersey Giants...2 , might be a pair.

Attachments

• 20231113_090730.jpg
    20231113_090730.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 18
  • 20231113_090730.jpg
    20231113_090730.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom