Anyone achieve a blue speckled egg layer? Green speckled? gold?

that's OK - I'm waiting on two pullets that are 50% welsummer and 50% SFH to see what they'll lay when they finally get started :rolleyes: (Their mum's eggs are sometimes speckled and sometimes not btw, so in her case at least it's an erratic characteristic rather than a constant one.) I have a young cockerel slightly older than those pullets and he's 50% araucana, so if they like each other, next season I may finally get a blue-green speckled egg layer!

Gotta pic of those olive eggs with purple speckles 😳
Here is one. I think my blue hens lay the speckled eggs. The splash hens lay plain olive or even blueish eggs.
095FE505-68C9-4BEB-86CB-55499091A7B8.jpeg

My EE lays this egg. The spots show up brighter if I clean the egg. She lays solid ones too. So I think when shes laid like 4 or 5 in a row, then she will lay a couple of these, then skip a day of laying. Must be a decrease in bloom maybe? She is a laying machine! I do not supplement light.
I got her from Rural King so I dont know her breed mix. She is smaller than my other EE's. I wonder if she is part bantam. If that is even possible.
20201121_041149.jpg

20201016_184537.jpg

Back
Top Bottom