Anyone achieve a blue speckled egg layer? Green speckled? gold?

20200126_134617.jpg
20201121_160835.jpg
20201121_151432.jpg

Honey (mix of blue easter egger over RIR)
Honey's egg. Honey's daughter..Sugar (with the blue ee rooster). Sugar is about due to start laying. I can't wait to see her egg color.

In this year’s hatch, I just selected various eggs from my purebred girls crossed with mixed roo (Wels x BR) to put under my broodies. I chose several of my blue eggs from each of my CLB and one Ameraucana. Of course most of my chicks were male - always - but one turned out to be a beautiful pullet.

She is from my CLB, but she is no scrawny bird. She is huge and gets her body type from the BR, but she looks identical to a CLB.
B8DA3439-2233-4F4A-B201-124CCE7ACF11.jpeg
Her two specked eggs are on the front row, right. Speckles and all! The the two birds that so far have been my most expensive, Partridge Olive Eggers, laid the other two green eggs - front left and back right. They are the meanest chickens I have. I will try to duplicate my big girl this next spring. 🤞🏼 Here’s to hoping.
85BA7C45-D5B5-4715-B6C9-B3637248A1DF.jpeg

These are some of my favourite pullets from this years EE mix batch. Would love to breed my ideal hen. Medium weight, small small comb, great forager, smart, lots of colour, slate legs, little or no feathers on legs, lots of puffy muffs and beards. And speckled eggs in all colours!

Attachments

• fennel2.jpg
    fennel2.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 10
  • fennel_chickens.jpg
    fennel_chickens.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 16
This is all very interesting. I will be following.

Deer Run Farm is breeding olive eggers. This is what they say--
Deer Run Farm's line of Olive Eggers were created in 2018 by breeding Welsummer hens to a blue Ameraucana Rooster.
They show speckled eggs.

20201223_180759.jpg

Sugar finally started laying. Her's is the top egg, her mom's egg is on the bottom. Sugar's egg has more of a blue tint and isn't quite as speckled.
Her mom is an excellent layer, about 5 a week. She is molting now and still lays 3 times a week. Sugar has layed every day since she started laying..so 4 days in a row.

Back
Top Bottom