Anyone annoyed by these phrases? Or, another attempt at humor by Q9

Any of the horrific text type (4eva is not a word, I don't care what you think), lack of capitialization and correct use of punctuation.

I'm not picky on spelling, seeing as I can't spell, but I see some doozies that just make me want to scream.

If you are going to proclaim your religion publically, and you are Christian, the correct spelling/capitialization is God. It is not god. Also, in those cases, again with the spelling, make sure the word you use is the word you mean. I see accept and except getting mixed up all over these days. VERY different meanings. If you say I need to except Jesus, I'd like to know what I need to do and why do I not include Jesus when I'm doing whatever?

Ok here is a few of mine..

"These ones" These is already plural and adding "ones" when the one is singular and pluralizing it, drives me insane.

or "I am going to the ATM machine" An ATM is an Automated Teller Machine The M stands for machine people. We all know its a Machine. DUH!

Quote:
It does indeed make sense. In order to adopt the mindset of one who is open minded, you need to open your mind and accept concepts foreign to your own pre-existing thoughts. That is, not simply twidle your thumbs and wait for the person to finish talking/writing, all the while thinking up your comeback... but rather to take on the other persons ideas for a moment as if it were truth. If it happens to still be disagreeable to you after you have tried, then by all means, throw it by the way side... but if you have truly momentarily accepted it as truth, you would not be so quick to judge those who continue to hold it.

Hopefully that helps you make sense of it. If not, never fear... time can cure alot of confusion
smile.png

Some people are just so open-minded, their brains fall out.

Have a blessed day!
tongue.png

Quote:
It does indeed make sense. In order to adopt the mindset of one who is open minded, you need to open your mind and accept concepts foreign to your own pre-existing thoughts. That is, not simply twidle your thumbs and wait for the person to finish talking/writing, all the while thinking up your comeback... but rather to take on the other persons ideas for a moment as if it were truth. If it happens to still be disagreeable to you after you have tried, then by all means, throw it by the way side... but if you have truly momentarily accepted it as truth, you would not be so quick to judge those who continue to hold it.

Hopefully that helps you make sense of it. If not, never fear... time can cure alot of confusion
smile.png

Have a blessed day!
tongue.png

And some people are so close-minded, their brain doesn't have the oxygen to function. Meh, both extreme sides aren't much fun.

Quote:

Have a blessed day!
tongue.png

And some people are so close-minded, their brain doesn't have the oxygen to function. Meh, both extreme sides aren't much fun.

Anybody see the
tongue.png

That means it's a razz...
roll.png

How about when people respond to "thank you" with "no problem" or "yep"? (Did "You're welcome" fall out of the English language?)

Also, using their, there, and they're, interchangeably.
(or yore, your, and you're
or to, two, and too)

The question: "What's up?"

The response: "Whatever"

Quote:
this is particularly irksome when "you need to be open minded" is a euphemism for "you need to agree with my point of view".
as if disagreeing with them were proof of closemindedness.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom