Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Chick # 2 is out - a black mystery chick!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

There's a silkie egg starting to zip... looks like a black one!

Claustrophobic chick driving me nuts. No wonder he's out from under the turkey hens, the little spaz. I have him locked in the incubator when he's not in my hands or running around the desk top pecking at starter. I ought to throttle him now, he's gonna be nothing but trouble. I'm going to restuff him under them tonight, maybe he'll be tired by then...

Still only 4 have hatched. The first one hatched last night at 9pm. I still have pips tonight, but none hatching. I hate the waiting. How long should I wait to see if others will hatch? Should I take the first born out and move her to the brooder now? It has almost been 12 hours.

Quote:
The site that I am reading now reads that you can start thinking of removing the chicks within 12-24 hours. If it were me, I'd leave her in to cheer the rest of them on. Someone correct me if I am wrong, please! I hate to give advice, since I am still a newb.

I just wanted to announce that I have another chick pippin', and one wigglin'!
clap.gif

Congratz on your hatches everyone!

Today I had 1 EE chick hatch AND 10 pheasant chicks hatch!
I was amazed at the pheasants, 9 hatched all within probably 30 minutes of eachother, must have had some egg to egg conversations going on there!
I also have three more pheasant eggs pipped, but the 14th hasn't done anything.. yet. And, 6 eggs under my pied 'Scovy hen have pipped! I'm not sure if they're all going to be pure Muscovy, but I sure am hoping that they will be. I've sooo been wanting my hen to have some babies!

Nothing hatching here yet, of course I could be off by a day or so, not going to get too worried.
smile.png

Congrats to all those that have chicks hatching!!!!
smile.png

Jost got back in around midnight. DH had bought tix to a baseball game, so we went. Left at about 5pm.
So... Had a silkie hatch before I left.
Had a silkie hatch as soon as I walked in the door.
That's 4 chicks so far!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I have 11 more pips. Just sittin' here waiting...
caf.gif

I'm leaving my peeps in at least overnight, probly 24 hours or so. My 1st one hatched at 1pm, so I may start to take them out around then. They look comfy in there.

So I only have 7 chicken eggs that haven't pipped yet: 1 mystery brown egg, 3 silkies, a green egg, and all 3 white eggs.

Oh yeah, almost forgot... here's some pics. I'll get better ones once they're out of the 'bator.
Chick #1 is gold with black flecks
Chick #2 is black with a yellow spot on it's head & a little yellow bottom
Chick #3 is a silkie - not sure of color, maybe blue?
Chick #4 is a silkie - maybe a splash

Chick #1 hatching:
29266_mystery_chick_1.jpg

Here's one with silkies: Chicks in the 'bator:
29266_silkies_in_bator.jpg

Back
Top Bottom