Anyone Else in Love... (coffee related)

Bet you'd never guess.

I've never tasted coffee, ever.

hide.gif

pop.gif

Quote:
It doesnt sit long, it is stronger and more full flavored. I do not think it needs a special grind so you could use any coffee. It of couse works better ground evenly but I wouldnt let it stop me from trying it. I tend to grind mine more. Also if you like the kureg you most likely like weaker coffee. Most of the problems with coffee machines is they do not make the water hot enough. Here are some french press directions:
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/99/frenchpress/

It sits for 4 minutes. They do make some with stainless steel carafes, which keep the coffee hotter for longer. The reason why the coffee is so much more flavorful is that there's no paper filter to absorb the natural oils of the grounds. Because there's no filter you always end up with some grounds in the cup, but you can lessen that with a courser grind.

And that's your lesson for today!
tongue.png

I had a coffee press that lasted me so many years, it reached the end of its life and the glass carafe shattered, the replacement only lasted half as long. I am now using a "moka pot" in ss and loving it-wicked strong coffee gurgles out of that thing.
I still miss and LOVE my press and would buy one again if I could be sure of the glass quality, the press works great for teas too.

I won't say I am in love with my french press but when I want a cup of coffee and not an entire pot it is wonderful to know I have it in the cabinet and can use it. I used it this morning.

I am a complete coffee freak...I love coffee...Sure I can go without...but who wants to...lol I don't drink pop, so coffee is my weakness....
That french press thing would do me absolutely no good for coffee...I drink pot after pot after pot of coffee each day...Gas stations I get a coffee of some sorts, coffee shops are my friends, at home, other places as welll
Really though the french press does work nice for 'teas'...I do use one of those for teas...

I love coffee!

I noticed when we were down in Florida that Starbucks sells those French Presses. I wondered if they were any good. I think they were even on sale.

When Im real good my boyfriend will make me an esspresso with a touch of peppermint and chocolate syrup. Thats my favorite!

I have been cutting down my intake of sugar so I have been using maple syrup as a sweetner. I dont feel like Im doing any better, though, with all the natural sugar in there! Im also out of soy creamer and have been using soymilk. Not such creamy coffees lately
tongue.png

We run on coffee here. Saw Alton Brown on the food network the other night talking about coffee and the only coffee worth drinking (I believe he said something like that) is "Arabica Coffee Beans".

So I went to my market and scanned for Arabica Beans (which is in small writing at the bottom) and only found one brand. Eight O'Clock coffee which sounds very old school but I love it and we haven't gone back. Unless we drive by a Dunkin Donuts. Then we have to pull in. My car takes on a mind of its own and goes through the drive through.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom