Anyone Else in Love... (coffee related)

Uhg, Maybe its just my state but I have NEVER gotten a good cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Warmed up creamer. Thats all it ever tastes like. The coffee even smells burnt when you walk in. I hope you have better luck there!

I am in New England. Maybe its just me because others have said they don't like it either but I do. It is probably all the sugar.
big_smile.png

edited to say favorite kitty....that is the cutest avatar!

Last edited:
Uh oh. You must be in Massachusetts!

Thats where all the sucky Dunkin Donuts coffee is!

barnie.gif

(Thanks for the compliment on my avatar. I love cows. Would love to have some as pets but I have been told NO by the husband
hit.gif
)

Yes I am in MA!
lau.gif
Maybe I need a coffee press to truly discover delicious coffee. (I have cows in my backyard but they aren't mine. That's as close as DH is gonna get for me).

Quote:
Try Steevia for a sweetner , you may have to try a couple different brands before you find one you prefer. Are you using all natural Maple syrup or the fake, cause the fake is all sugar anyway.

My girlfriends Husband makes her esspresso/cappucino every moring. To bad she lives in TX and I can not go and visit more often!!

I bought my french press, several of them at a garage sale, even new! They also make a pot for teas specifically! I would think Bodum would be the best quality.

Quote:
Our town has two of the WORST D&D ever. It always tastes like warm creamer because they have NO idea what dark , or a little or any other way of describing to just put a little creamer in, or a little sugar or...even what a latte was long after the ones all around had it. I would drive 20 minutes to just go to another if I did not already have a coffee bar in my home. So I usually wait till we are that way. The best D&D by us in in Hawthorne right off 208 in case anyone is going that way
smile.png

It reeeeaaaally makes you wonder why they are still in business then. I only know a handful of people that "like" their coffee. Most hate it but go because they dont have many choices.

A French press does make super-delickous coffee. I'd never seen one until I visited some friends in England. When I got home I bought one, but it's put away now because both Anne and I are too lazy to use it when the electric drip coffee maker is so easy to use and can make a one-time large pot. We grind our own Arabica beans though. Our coffee could be better if made in a French press, but...

If you follow standard directions for any kind of coffee maker and it tastes too strong or too weak, it's ok to adjust the amount of coffee you're using. You don't need to be a slave to what other people like. Be a rebel!
big_smile.png

We have one of those coffee makers from Technivorm, that heats the water to a higher temperature. I was shocked when I tasted my first cup. It really is better! I will admit we were looking for a larger volume of coffee, made in a lazier way, than the typical French press. I can understand why you all love your French presses for the quality of coffee they produce.

I really love the organic shade grown coffee beans from that Mexican region that has an x in it. I can never remember how to spell it! The ones that have the natural chocolate flavor and aroma to them. I always tell my husband that when they're available, just buy a 50lb bag of them, but he never does. I don't even know what we're drinking right now. He orders something different all the time. It's good, though.

Back
Top Bottom