Anyone else's eggs hatching soon?

I was in the pen when some chicks were hatching, and I thought the mama was attacking the egg, too. I kept pushing her away, and she kept coming back. But then I realized she was only breaking the shell to make it easier for the chick. It really was something to see.
she was actually PECKING the chick's face... so, I don't think my girl was helping....

I have 94 A&M coturnix hatching (hopefully) Saturday. I was supposed to have 120 eggs, but unfortunatly, usps thought it said football instead of fragile, so after removing crushed eggs, trying our best to gently scrub the dried crusty egg off the others, and making the outside cats very happy, we finnaly got some to the incubator! Lol, hopefully i havent wasted 18 days.

I have 94 A&M coturnix hatching (hopefully) Saturday. I was supposed to have 120 eggs, but unfortunatly, usps thought it said football instead of fragile, so after removing crushed eggs, trying our best to gently scrub the dried crusty egg off the others, and making the outside cats very happy, we finnaly got some to the incubator! Lol, hopefully i havent wasted 18 days.

Good luck on your hatch! I have blue ameraucana eggs hatching Saturday too. I don't feel very hopeful that many are going to hatch. Some of the eggs looked like they stopped developing but I'm not sure because this is the second time I have hhatched eggs and first time using a incubator.

I wiah i could tell how my eggs were developing. Stupid spotty quail eggs! Cant see a thing. When i moved them off the turner though, some seemed a little light, and sone seemed particularly heavy. Dunno what that means, but its probably not good, lol

Ugh, hatch day and not even a wiggle. Darn usps, why must they torture me? If your gonna throw my box of eggs around like a footbball and crush half of them, dont even bother delivering it! My egg supplier wrapped them up beautifuly. To bad usps didnt care about a box marked fragile on every side. I dont know, maybe im jumping the gun.. but my last hatch were atleast wiggling by hatch day =(. So frustrated. Hope i didnt waste my time trying to save them.

Back
Top Bottom