Anyone ever get a splash EE w/ no muff and a rose comb from MPC?

Thanks for all the responses! Judging from the wonderful pics you guys posted, she seems most similar to a splash EE. Since they're basically crossbred chickens, I'm guessing that a rose-combed breed got mixed up in there somewhere. Guess we'll find out how much when she starts laying (fingers crossed that MPC didn't stick me with yet another rooster).

Also, I'd like to say that all your birds are beautiful! If mine is an EE, I hope she fills out like yours, arizonadesertchicks, and I hope that my splash andalusian turns out like yours, newtofarming.

Quote:
How many roosters did you get from MPC? I got 2 out of 6 in my order of sexed pullets! They promptly refunded me.

so far, one out of seven. breaks my heart, my little andalusian is so sweet, but my neighbors'll have me evicted if I keep him. And I'm a little worried about my giant's tail feathers (getting curly) and my mystery chicken's neck feathers (shiny). did they refund the whole purchase price or just the 1.00 sexing difference?

Quote:
How many roosters did you get from MPC? I got 2 out of 6 in my order of sexed pullets! They promptly refunded me.

so far, one out of seven. breaks my heart, my little andalusian is so sweet, but my neighbors'll have me evicted if I keep him. And I'm a little worried about my giant's tail feathers (getting curly) and my mystery chicken's neck feathers (shiny). did they refund the whole purchase price or just the 1.00 sexing difference?

They refunded the whole purchase price. But like you, I was heartbroken to re-home the two I'd fallen so in love with. My speckled sussex was my favorite of the six...but then he crowed. I found a good home for him with 12 pullets on a ranch. I still feel sad and miss him tho
sad.png

Quote:
If she has a rose comb, she may be a columbian Wyandotte. She looks similar to one we had.

Did yours begin splash, then molt out to the normal columbian pattern? Don't suppose you have any pics you could post.....?

So I'm still stumped about this one. In the past six months she's feathered out with a big tail and lots of splotches. Her rose comb has grown a bit, and so have her wattles although they are still puny compared to my others'. She's small.... I'd say about 2 pounds if not less, and she often has sort of "bantamy" posture with her body and tail very upright. Her legs are very yellow with a darker tinge to the top-parts.

Annnnnd, she started laying last week! Her eggs are about 2/3 the size of most of my other layers, a little more than half the size of my JG's. And they're brown! Very brown, much darker than my JG which has the next-darkest eggs of the lot. They're also very round.

Also, not sure how much this matters breed-wise, but she's super calm and docile. She also has a high-step march when she walks.

Any more guesses? Cause I have absolutely no idea what kind of chicken(s) she is.
hu.gif

<br>
67450_p1010385.jpg

<br>
67450_p1010391.jpg

<br>
67450_p1010400.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom