Anyone get migraines?

I am not a caffine drinker at all. I avoid it like the plague, but when I feel the headache coming on I drink a coke, and that will ususally help. I think it helps more, because I don't drink it all the time. The other thing I do is take Excedrine, again, it probably works well for me because I stay away from caffine normally, but just 1 extra strength kicks it to a functional level for me. 2 gives me the shakes.

My problem is I don't want the caffine at night, so I usually have to suffer at night. I do the rice pack thing too.

My doctor did give me a prescription, but it's $168 FOR 6 PILLS!!!!
somad.gif
I couldn't fill it because it cost too much

Lurky..Oh my gosh..the same here! Sometimes I just can't wait for the rain because it is instant relief. I find it amazing how our bodies are so closely tied to nature and so sensitive to its changes, yet in today's society, many people don't realize that it is a trigger. During the rainy season, I watch the weather forecast so I know when to prepare for a migraine to help limit how bad it gets. I think the key to migraines is knowing the trigger...at least as a start.

I used to get them all the time. Most of the time nothing really helped much except making myself throw up. Since I went through "the Change", I haven't had one!! All 3 of my kids get them. Eating 3 or 4 excedrin and drinking pepsi helped some, but not much.

I get them, and they hit me hard. Most of the time I get really nauseous and I have phenegren to make that stop, plus i usually take maxalt to take the pain away. And lots of sleep! I am a caffiene drinker, big time, but I will drink extra strong coffee when i have the migraines.

Quote:
Well, try the method i described for some relief. Sorry to hear of your pain.....i think it so sad to see such pain.

Man I wish I could have caffeine. If I consume caffeine I get nauseaus, dizzy, sweaty and suffer from tachycardia.

I've had them ever since I was in a car accident about 20 years ago. I hit the windshield...I had my seatbelt on too and I have nerve damage on my left temple.
It sometimes start with the aura then the headache. I've only had a few of the throwing up ones thank the Gods...those are the worst.
Mine are stress related and air pressure related.

If you look at some of the bottles, you see that they have caffeine in them...
Hot strong coffee also works for asthma because it's a bronchodialator.

Mine are cyclical. Every monthly brings on one and if a storm happens to be brewing it really kicks it up a notch. I have been to many many physicians, neurologist, OBGYN...and taken many prescription medications to no avail. I went on oral contraceptives after I had my 3rd child and had one continuous migraine for 3 weeks...then it would go away when I started the placebo pills. Then it would start back up again when I starting taking the next cycle of birth control pills. I had a migraine for 3 months...neurologist prescribed Imitrex which stopped working after 2 months...then he put me on blood pressure medicine but the side effects were awful (I felt like I was in a tunnel...walking around aimlessly...even affected my hearing, DH was seriously worried about me). Finally I went to ER after a very serious migraine...half the side of my face was drooping...eye almost completely swelled shut. ER doctor said I was exhibiting STROKE like symptoms...pulled me off Birth Control, bp meds, and imitrex. I only have 1 migraine a month now...which I can deal with. I altered my diet...no artificial sweetener either all Diet sodas have this by the way...when I stopped artificial sweetener the pressure went away completely. Still get the cyclical migraine though.
My advice KEEP a Migraine Journal. Hope this helps!
fl.gif

I also get migraines. Most are cylical and some from food and weather. I totally agree with whoever said keep a journal. Include the foods you eat and where you are in your menstral cycle. After a month or so you will be able to see any patterns. Avoid the ones you can and learn to deal with those you can't. Just be carefull. I have been getting them for years and about two years ago during a bad one I had a seizure. The doctors had a certain name for this type of headache but don't remember it now. I have had a few others that also triggered seizures and am now on meds for that. I take a new med called FROVA when a migraine starts. So far so good. I have been on for about 7 months now. It is slow to take hold about 45 min. but once it does the headache usually goes completely away! Hope all this helps. Good luck!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom