Anyone have any "rare duck" stock from Cackle hatchery?

I haven't had any problems with Cackle. I've ordered 100's of chicks,ducklings,goslings, and etc from them and there were a couple that died on the way, but when I called I always got a fast response from them.

I bought my campbells from Rural King which got them from Cackle. I bought the runts just to make sure they would survive and they turned out to be very healthy birds that have continually laid an egg a day since they were about 6 months old. I could not be happier with them. I would not hesitate to buy from Cackle. I wanted good layers and they have turned out to be. If you want show birds go with Holderreads. They have top show quality.

Personally I have never ordered from them, but will say... Since shipping is pretty cheap for ducklings, If I were you I would order WH's from Holderread, they might be a little more expensive, but WAY worth it in the long run. I have orders MANY ducklings and goslings from them and have never had any problems with anything!

Ryan

The hatcheries are very good at what they do. They are cheap, very convenient, and most of them have excellent customer service.

It's just that you very rarely get cheap, easy, and good quality all at the same place. So, it just depends upon what is more important to you.

Cackle is a great place to buy from.

I've ordered tons of chicks and Ancona ducklings. As far as talk about heath issues with their ducklings well I can just tell you that nothing I've ever ordered from them has ever had health issues period. Personal experience buying from them over and over is where I get my information. They are all very healthy happy robust little ducklings when they arrive. There is not one bad thing I have to say about them.

Now for the Anconas. search the Ancona thread for more info on them and you will find many of us breeders have added some cackle to our flocks. My flock started out from just Cackle anconas. You will need to cull to holderreads standard but the genetics are there because most all of the anconas in the US right now have come from holderreads bloodline. They were almost extinct before holderread got his hands on them and almost all of the anconas go back to that origional line.

My Anconas from cackle

24661_anconas_copy.jpg

24661_ancona_pics.jpg

Back
Top Bottom