Anyone have chicks due around Nov. 5th?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LaynaDon95, Oct 22, 2012.

1. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Looking for a hatch-along buddy! I have a broody Buff Orpington that due on November 5th (my brothers birthday, actually) and it will be my second broody ever! She has 11 eggs, or did last time I could get close enough to count. ;)
    I would love to have some others whose story I can follow as well! [​IMG] I'm so excited!

[​IMG]

2. crissycriss

crissycriss Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    Your hen is so pretty.I have 8 eggs set in my homemade cooler bator. They are supposed to hatch Nov 3.So i will join you :)

3. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
  4. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Thank you! You should see her when I approach her nest! She puffs up all her feathers and squawks like a mama dinosaur. [​IMG] What kind of eggs? I miss incubating, but I have so many chickens already, I certainly don't need to hatch anymore right now!

5. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    Well just a mixture i have GLW,EE,BA,and BB.My roosters are GLW and EE. Ialso have pekin and mallad eggs in the bator. I Have a total of 32 eggs just have 5 different hatch dates. My first time trying it.I really wanted to hatch some pekin but they are not fertile or early death.

6. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama

Ok thank you!!! Wasnt sure with my hatch date been in Nov.

7. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama

Mama dino, funny that would be a sight.

8. EACWOODCRAFTS

EACWOODCRAFTS Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2012
    Stetson.Maine
    Started my first incubation of Phoenix Barred rock crosses,along with 15 pure bred Phoenixs.First time incubating on my own.Collected eggs over a 2 week period,hope this doesn't mess up hatching rate.Incubator maintaining 100 degrees and water tray kept filled.Wish me luck.

9. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    Good Luck!!!!!!! My husband and i would love a pr of phoenix one day.Havent decided if we want Golden or Silver yet.They are so beautiful.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  10. crissycriss

Apr 8, 2012
    Heflin Alabama
    Layna how are your eggs doing? My chickens are doing good.So are mallards.I have 1 baby chick this morning so far.Have 7 more due to hatch today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by