Anyone have fish?

Pics
View attachment 1536532 I finally got around to getting some pics of my fish & tank. I would really like to build them a fish pond for summer...I just feel like they don't have enough room though it's a 55 gallon tank. Even if we get a bigger tank, I still feel like it won't make much difference. View attachment 1536531 View attachment 1536531
How many do you have? I keep goldfish in a 29, a 55, a 75, and my big ones spend the cold months in a 125. My outside pond is only about 250 gallons. The key in my opinion with goldfish is large water changes every 1-2 weeks. Ive had my original single tailed ones since 2003. I lost one at age 12, and another this year. The rest are going strong still. I've had various fancy goldfish who average 6-10 years for life span.

How many do you have? I keep goldfish in a 29, a 55, a 75, and my big ones spend the cold months in a 125. My outside pond is only about 250 gallons. The key in my opinion with goldfish is large water changes every 1-2 weeks. Ive had my original single tailed ones since 2003. I lost one at age 12, and another this year. The rest are going strong still. I've had various fancy goldfish who average 6-10 years for life span.

How do you keep predators out of your pond? Goldfish & Koi are considered non-native, invasive species, so it's very important to us to keep them IN a controlled environment. If a Heron were to catch one and then accidentally drop it into a lake or river, where it continued to live, that is another concern that I have about keeping them outside.

You can use bigger stock tanks for an above ground pond you can cover. I have a single ancient yoyo loach. It just keeps going. It's about 15 years old.
I have heard that they can live for years, similar to goldfish. I'd like to find a companion for ours, as they are supposed to be very social fish. But they're hard to find. He doesn't mind the goldfish, but he's a little wary of Moby.

Back
Top Bottom