Anyone in NJ know a low cost vet for crop surgery?

brahmamomma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 19, 2012
Help, I am desperate. My RIR, Ms Clementine, has been in a brooder for a week now and I have been giving her oil, and yogurt and doing all the things I was told by my vet. However, I can not afford a 250$ surgery right now and need help. There is no way i could do a surgery myself. She is eating what I give her and has not appeared to lose any weight. I would rather cull than have her starve, but I dont think I could do that either. My dad is a hunter and has no problem taking an animals life, so thats an option. But I dont want it to come to this, if anyone has a vet or knows an old time farmer that has had success with these surgeries please let me know!!! Also, she is pooping but it is very watery and looks like hard black pellets with green. This isnt good, I KNOW!!!

wanted to add that her crop has gone down, and yesterday i thought she was getting better so i reintroduced her to the flock and was letting her free range and right away i noticed the funky neck movements and she was puffing out her wings. so i think she is trying to "localize" it. reintroducing her to the flock sucked also because i has to break up a freaking chicken fight!!! what a week, seriously!

oh, and i put her back in the cage right away and gave oil and yogurt food mixture.

Back
Top Bottom