Anyone out there have success stories with bonding two female rabbits?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Willow's Meadow, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    ANYONE?????????? I have a female rabbit and am possibly getting another one.......I need some encourgament!!!!!

2. hchorselover

hchorselover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    I doing the same thing (with male rabbits) I'm a little nervous to because to be honest my rabbits not the nicest ever haha Hope it goes well! [​IMG]

3. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    I have been working on it too, but my bunnies are young and only time will tell.
    So far so good, but I still have not left them in a cage together for a full night.

I had great success this weekend with my favorite male(who is going to get "fixed" on tues) and a spayed female I took in.
    They have taken right to each other, they are both palominos, and make a sweet couple in their shared hutch.

I have asked your question in 10 different ways, and never get a really positive response, its a hard thing to do . . .
    There is definately a reason this is a known issue.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

The best way to bond 2 female rabbits........is with superglue! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry, couldn't pass it up. [​IMG]

5. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Quote:LOL!!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    I have 2 females that did not grow up together who live in the same Hutch just fine. They even raised their litters together last spring

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by