Anyone tried to sell their home on their own?

If you are living in the house while you are trying to sell it, go for it. But I'm trying to sell my Mom's house in another state and a realtor is a necessary evil. Evil because she doesn't return calls and I've caught her in lies....

Worse part she is the best there is in that area as the men realtors are all lazy liars.......they just want listings and then wait for someone to sell it so they get 1/2 of the commission for doing absolutely nothing..........

Those types are part of the reason I left the business. The Real Estate Commission does nothing, there are no controls on them really. Part of the good thing about a realtor is that multiple listing service. You have thousands of real estate agents or realtors who have access to your information and it may be the perfect house for one of their buyers. The chances that you yourself, among 10, 000 realtors in an area will sell your own listing is low. It's just the odds. It's a good thing to sell your own listing, but it doesn't happen most of the time. I used realtors before I became one when we moved across the country-thats where they are very useful. However, I got sick of dishonesty in the business, from brokers, realtors and clients, so I threw up my hands, quit and ran to the mtns to live among my animals. The realtor doesn't usually get half or all the commission. There is a split with the company they work for if they are with a traditional company, so it appears they make more than they do. No matter how little I made, I was at least honest and conscientious. Burns me up when the rest of them give us a bad name. Grrr. Good luck selling your mom's house, seedcorn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom