Anyone want to hatch with me? - Went in 01/16/14.

I have my 11 day old chicks moving from house to house. We got such a horrible ice storm that we've been without power since Wednesday. Poor chickies spent a couple of days with their heat lamp hooked up to a generator. Thankfully my friends understand and took them into their living room! Today they went to a different friend's house that has real power. Maybe someday if I ever get power at my house I can get them home.
fl.gif

I have my 11 day old chicks moving from house to house.  We got such a horrible ice storm that we've been without power since Wednesday.  Poor chickies spent a couple of days with their heat lamp hooked up to a generator.  Thankfully my friends understand and took them into their living room!  Today they went to a different friend's house that has real power.  Maybe someday if I ever get power at my house I can get them home.  :fl
wow.

So sorry. We went through that while incubating. What state are you in?

Last edited:
I'm in SC too. We were lucky not to lose power, I know a lot of people who did. We got a lot of downed trees and branches, but nothing hit the house or power lines in our neighborhood.

I have my 11 day old chicks moving from house to house. We got such a horrible ice storm that we've been without power since Wednesday. Poor chickies spent a couple of days with their heat lamp hooked up to a generator. Thankfully my friends understand and took them into their living room! Today they went to a different friend's house that has real power. Maybe someday if I ever get power at my house I can get them home.
fl.gif
Ugh so sorry to hear. Hope they will be ok. You never know.

So I went out to check my feather babies this morning and couldn't find my lemon cuckoo orps, started freakin where could they go? I glance up and they are in window on wrong side, ahhhhhhh, just glad they are cold hardy, let them in and checked them over and their fine, phew they are so beautiful I don't want to lose them. I got home late and was tired after taking my son to Lego movie, went straight to bed. Think I will start double checking from now on:th

I wait with any I'm not sure about, just put a ? On them, these were without a doubt empty, and when I opened there was nothing, yolks were so bad I couldn't even tell if they were fertile. That's the way the shipped eggs go sometimes unfortunately. Happy hatching to you!

Wow. I know that is disheartening. I didn't have any like that but my some of my shipped eggs didn't make it either. I'm glad they send extras considering the gamble it can be. I didn't open mine but the yolk looked intact just didn't develop. This was my first time so definitely a learning experience. We hatched 20 out of 36 set. 1 pipped but never made it out. All the others were "duds"... Not sure of the technical term, lol

I'm still here
1f60a.png

My second batch is still cooking, but I'm down to 12/20 eggs. One of my cartons got dropped while I was collecting and all of my quitters came from there. Oh well, everyone else looks good so hopefully I get some chicks this time.
I also have a broody sitting on 6 more eggs. I haven't candles them or anything, I'm just leaving her to it.
I'm very much enjoying everyone's pictures tho, congrats to everyone with peeps!

Back
Top Bottom