Anyone want to help me with my predator attacks on my sheep flock?

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
I need some input/advice what have you.

Unfortunately, my "flock" got discovered last year and i have been battling ever since.

Anyways, to keep a long story short.

Would it be coyotes or wolves that would attack more than one sheep? I had an attack mid-july just like this one last night but i lost my both my ewes. One DOA and the other i had to put down.

Last night one DOA and my last(yes, last sheep... :hit) is wounded but seems like she will recover.

In the past only a singular sheep attacked so we blamed coyote.

Love to bounce this about with those who have experienced this too. I honestly, don't even know where i am going from here.... at least i had a pair now with one left and clearly preds that will return in due time, i may have to part with her for her own well being. :(

I have just recently installed cameras on my run and pen and love that I can spy in during the day and monitor movement of predators at night. I highly recommend this! I use the Arlo, it ties into my Alexa and I have Alexa display the pictures immediately so I can see those dirty rats!!

Maybe if you have a large trap, you can bait it and catch the predator? Then, I would shoot it if it's allowed in your area. Relocating isn't good, as it could return or start killing other peoples livestock that were close to the area it was located to.

Could be wolves, coyotes or mountain lions. Do you have a game cam so you can find out who is lurking at night?

No i wish i did. we most definitely have coyote here... always have, been here almost 26yrs ...

Mountain lions are here too but typically come and go.... not remaining long here... it's rural but more open where i am.

I have just recently installed cameras on my run and pen and love that I can spy in during the day and monitor movement of predators at night. I highly recommend this! I use the Arlo, it ties into my Alexa and I have Alexa display the pictures immediately so I can see those dirty rats!!

Yes, i need to look into this, do you need internet? ours is terrible on a good day lol. So i'd have to stay more basic with models.

Maybe if you have a large trap, you can bait it and catch the predator? Then, I would shoot it if it's allowed in your area. Relocating isn't good, as it could return or start killing other peoples livestock that were close to the area it was located to.

I don't but am considering hiring a trapper... this is becoming way to much. I mean it was awful when it began but it's simply getting to be a routine.

Back
Top Bottom