Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

Orpygal, I had a copy of that diet from way back. I've printed out new one and will use it as my guide. I've given my DH strict instructions to not check this site.

Age 57
Height 5'6"
Weight 210
Goal 160, but 170 very acceptable!

I'm bowling on Wii with my hubby every evening. I have osteoporeous (sp?) and arthritis in my back. My physical therapist told me to engage my kegle (sp?) muscles with every exercise. This strengthens the interior muscle that supports the back. Not a bad tip to keep your bladder in check also.
woot.gif

I need to get motivated too. I don't have a scale so don't know what I weigh or how much I need/want to lose but I need to get off my butt and exercise. When my DH worked out of town, I would put on a movie and exercise on the elliptical trainer. He has been home since early Dec and I'm sitting on my ever-growing butt. (Maybe I need a kick in it.)
hide.gif

Last time I lost a large amount of weight was 1994 when my ex left. Between stress, lack of sleep, diarrehea (SP?), exercise, I lost almost 20 lbs in 6 wks. I looked good, and felt good (eventually) but was a tough diet plan.
idunno.gif

I'd love to join in! My stats are almost the same as siz8003 :)

Height: 5'2"
Current weight: 136
Goal weight: 115

I was doing great training for a 5k just a month ago, and lost 10lbs. I gained 5 back over the holiday though, and stopped running because I didn't want to make my toddler sit in the jogging stroller with a cold breeze on his face. I always have some excuse
roll.png

I exercised again, and ate healthy today. For dinner the guys had beef and bean enchiladas with sour cream tomatilla sauce. I had bean enchiladas with tomatilla sauce. Their food tasted better.

How do you spell that green husk tomato thing anyway? I've tried it about four times, and they all look wrong.

I got put on a strict gluten-free diet for other reasons. I have lost 8 pounds in 10 weeks, by just not eating flour, bread, cookies, pasta, etc.

BUT I EAT EVERYTHING ELSE, AND LOTS OF IT! Eggs, fruits, vegetables, roasts, bacon, and the best thing of all my newest lunches, it that basil flavored olive oil that's called dipping oil (its really for bread), that goes all over my chef's salads, its FANTASTIC!

Okay, maybe I was more swollen than fat. But my waist and my face are thinner, my pants fall down so I can make fun of the moody dark pre-teen's low jeans.......

They always have said on the diet ads, "see your doctor before yadda yadda yadda"....... don't I just hate it when "they" were right? Doctor said "gluten free" and here I am a healthier skinnier woman with silky hair and shiny skin, if I were a labrador retreiver I could win a blue ribbon.

I HOPE IT GOES THIS WELL FOR YOU! ITS FUN! ITS TASTY! IT FEELS GOOD!

roll.png
maybe its all the vegetables I'm eating. Found some good tasty ones.

Well just got done exercising I bought a 10lb kettlebell and have been doin the exercise video that came with it for a lil over a week. Today was the first day I started calorie counting I'm tryin to stay below 1600 and I was ate 1540 today.

Well, I don't want to look like Hunky Santa either! A bod like that takes HOURS of workouts daily and strict control, both of which I don't have the gumption to do!! I admire his self-control and dedication and since he is good friends with my SIL, it is fun to see a local guy make it in the cut throat model industry of California!

mom'sfolly :

I exercised again, and ate healthy today. For dinner the guys had beef and bean enchiladas with sour cream tomatilla sauce. I had bean enchiladas with tomatilla sauce. Their food tasted better.

How do you spell that green husk tomato thing anyway? I've tried it about four times, and they all look wrong.

Way to go! And, tomatillo... you were close!

Here is a good healthy enchilada recipe http://hellagranola.blogspot.com/2009/10/black-bean-sweet-potato-enchiladas.html Just use whole wheat tortillas to make it even healthier :) It is different but good.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom