Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

So excited as I woke up this morning and wanted to go for my run!
I had trained for a 5k over the summer and once it was over in September I quick running. I was to the point where I could run 3.2 miles without feeling tired, sweating profusely or breathing hard, and I actually looked forward to my run. So when I started running again just 4 days I ago I figured it wouldnt last as usual (as a surprising side note, I had only lost about 4 pounds all summer training and only gained about 2 of it back- I was surprised it wasnt more productive!) I did my 1.5 mile run to start the first day, the second day I didn't want to run but I made myself anyway. Finished my 1.5 mile in 5 min less than the previous day and decided to go another half. By the third day I was running my two miles is 20 minutes which is what I ran it in July, and decided to add another half mile. Today I managed my two and a half in 24 minutes. I am amazed at how quickly my muscles are adjusting back to this. I should be back up to my 5k distance and almost speed by the end of the week! How exciting! Weight wise not much going on (lost a pound) but this usually happens for me at first because I gain the muscle back. Doing good with eating healthy, lots of fruits and veggies for snacks and water to drink. Baked a caked with splenda for DS birthday that in WW world is only 2 points per slice! Only bad thing I did yesterday was in a rush to get out the dorr to work I found nothing I wanted to eat except a cinnemon bun so I had that but was good from there on out. Haven't eaten yet today as I just woke up an hour ago and cant eat before I run or I vommit.
Keep up the good work everyone! Today I have the task of choosing 3 chickies to give away :-(

Quote:
My experience has been similar, the minute I start trying to eat low-fat, or dieting is when the weight sticks and just won't go away - and 100% of the time I feel hungry and very unsatisfied.
I now avoid everything, low fat or low sugar or diet anything, and I do much better, I actually eat less when I eat full fat stuff, and feel much more satisfied, I eat small portions not because I have to but because a small portion of a good juicy stew or steak is plenty to keep me satisfied.
When we eat steak for example, we buy two steaks, and my hubby eats one, I share mine with the two kids, so I'm getting only a small portion, but its enough!

The second I start counting calories, I start feeling hungry as all get out!
big_smile.png

The only reason I have extra poundage right now is from quitting smoking 8 months ago, and I'm not going to stress over losing it, I figure eventually it will right itself...

I need to lose weight too. Right now my only diet buddy is my dog. He is on what the vet call the green bean diet. The table scraps have been cut off, except green beans. His kibble has been reduced by 25% and that 25% had been replaced with green beans. I guess I need to be on the green bean diet too.

Saturday night I got to wait on a young man who went to school with my SIL and he now lives in LA, CA as a fitness model. He just won a HUNKY SANTA contest out there. Anyway, I paid very close attention to what/how he ate and as his family ordered family style which is our amazing broasted chicken, REAL mashed potatoes, homemade egg noodles, green beans or corn, dressing, gravy, bread, roast beef and drink and pie. Not surprisingly, he ate very small portions of each item and ate slowly, no seconds. Three at his table opted for diet soda but he drank a pepsi with one refill. Instead of a creme pie, he chose a baked peach and left quite a bit of the crust. You can bet he carefully monitors all food that goes into his mouth and works out daily. His paychecks depends on it. I need to follow his example - no depravation and portion control with daily exercise!! I can do this!!
fl.gif

I'll see if I can locate a pic of Hunky Santa! Since he is a local guy, they just did some write ups about him in the newspapers! I'm off cyber-hunting!

I'll see if this will post: Jim Ellis from New Paris IN voted Hunky Santa 2009. You can Google Hunky Santa and read all about him.

Gotta try something else. Be back soon. He is a super nice young man and was treating his girlfriend like a princess while dining out. Of course, she looked like a fitness model,too! Here is your inspiration, Ladies!!

33445_hunky_santa-300x450.jpg

Last edited:
This is shameful of me. It was only last year at this time someone started a diet/fitness thread, and I joined in too. Well...............................

Nothing happened! I would lose a couple of lbs then eh, the motivation went out the window.
hmm.png

So here I go again. Maybe this year will be different. I'm going to just cut back on food for the month of January. (for instance, today I had 2 small sausage links for breakfast, 1/2 tuna sandwich for lunch and the other half will be for dinner) And no snacking after that. I'll see how that goes and go into full combat in February with the low carb thing. I'll go from there.

Ht 5'4"

Age 53

Weight now 142
he.gif

Goal 130

So, not so bad I have to get rid of 12 lbs. So why can't I?
rant.gif

I think I found "hunky santa." I didn't post the link because the more sensitive type might have found the picture below it offensive. Personally, I had no issue with it.

Back
Top Bottom