Apple Cider Vinegar / organic treatments

I have two or three 2-week old chicks out of 18 that I puchased recently; they have developed a sneeze/head shaking action lately and from what I read, it may be soemthing respiratory - any idea if I add Apple Cider Vinegar to their water if it will help cure this problem ?

I've read the benifits of Apple cider vinegar for chickens but what about goats,sheep and pigs? Any info including dosage is welcomed. Thanks

I use about 1 TB per gallon of water, or a glug when pouring it in the waterer. All of our animals get it, dog, cats, chickens. (cats didn't like it at first but they drink it) II drink it in a large cup of tea 1tp-1TB whenever I feel I need it.
Also 1 C in your wash/ laundry helps set dye in bright colors or jeans, cleans your washer or dishwasher, removes pet odors, wash your hair with it removes all the product build up. Can use the regular white vinegar for the household things so not wasting the good ACV on that.

Oh I almost forgot...it is NOT a wormer BUT it helps prevent internal infestation of worms!
smile.png
As long as it's is given regularly to the hen's in their water.
When you say regularly do you mean every time you add or change water? Which for me is about 1 - 2 times per week. I have a 3 gallon plastic waterer and only 8 hens. I thought I had read somewhere only 1x per month?

How do you give chickens coconut milk? I lost 2 of my hens to racoons 2 weeks ago ago and we moved them to another pen closer to the house.Now 1 is acting ill and another remaining chicken is acting like its going broody even though there are no eggs in the box. I know they are stressed over this. I thought to try giving them apple cider vinegar and want to try the coconut water. Is it alright to try both at the same time. I make them a pot of rice and oatmeal with flax seed, lentils,split peas and other mixed veggies almost daily in addition to their layer pellets. Can I just mixed the coconut milk into the rice mix? How often should i give them the coconut water and vinegar? I thank you all for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom