Appleyard Ducklings

Havachat38

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2019
Could anyone give me some info on hatching Appleyard Ducklings, from incubator, eggs are traveling from east to west australia express, Regards novelist breeder, only used mums before (Muscovy & Pekin) many yrs ago Regards Havachat38

:welcome you definitely came to the right place to get all your info! I'm no eggspert but I did well with lots of reading. My biggest advice is, duck eggs like being turned. The embryos have a habit of sticking to the side of egg if not turned properly anf regularly. I have an egg turner in mine that holds them pointy end down and my biggest issue was embryos sticking to top of egg. This time during the day for the first couple of days I did manual turning and this time they look like they are all growing properly :fl

:welcome you definitely came to the right place to get all your info! I'm no eggspert but I did well with lots of reading. My biggest advice is, duck eggs like being turned. The embryos have a habit of sticking to the side of egg if not turned properly anf regularly. I have an egg turner in mine that holds them pointy end down and my biggest issue was embryos sticking to top of egg. This time during the day for the first couple of days I did manual turning and this time they look like they are all growing properly :fl
Hi thank you for that l`m going in deep l`ve an incubator for 12 eggs coming monday week, it does everthing but do my dishes so wish me well on my first go, Havachat38

Back
Top Bottom