April 2017 chicks, who will lay first contest...

And not all breeds are effected anyway. I had leghorns last winter that pretty much laid every day.
That's good to know, it will be my first winter w leghorns.
My daughter has sexlinks and they never seem to slow down, even in molt they are still laying.

That's good to know, it will be my first winter w leghorns.
My daughter has sexlinks and they never seem to slow down, even in molt they are still laying.
My sex link has not missed a day of laying yet, every morning first egg is from her without fail. Nice big brown egg. I already have another in my cart at Meyers for the spring... Chicken math

Gary

So still only getting 2 eggs a day from 10 chickens. But the smaller egg layer seems to be laying daily. But 8 others slacking still. May have to get a solar light. No power ner the coop. Ugh.

Hawk did it! She’s hatched 1 baby so far! A baby hatched a baby! Hawk was one that I hatched on Easter!
040FB80D-96D4-4EAF-BAAA-8D9532063222.jpeg

Well as of Saturday I am up to 3/5 one of my BO's (Athena) laid her first egg Saturday so excited now 1 WR (Backup) and 1 BO (Persephone) left to lay

My sex link has not missed a day of laying yet, every morning first egg is from her without fail. Nice big brown egg. I already have another in my cart at Meyers for the spring... Chicken math

Gary

My RSL was the meal maker that I got from Meyers and she lays by 10 o'clock no later without fail like clock work she was the first one to start laying the last day of August only missed 1 day and that was Sept. 1st and she would lay at any time of the day for the first week but by the second week you could set your watch by her she was in the box at 9 and egg would be laid in the box by 10 and has been that way ever since

Back
Top Bottom