April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Update on my group of Marans with the nasty egg that I pulled!
I candled last night and much to my relief, 13 of the remaining 15 eggs are developing. I am so glad because I spend a grip on these eggs and was convinced they were goners since I’ve never had one ooze like that. Today is day 15 for those.

Day 17 on my group of BBS Ameraucanas from a local breeder with Paul Smith lines. I candle them tonight and lock them down. 17 we’re developing as of day 10 and I hope all are still going strong since they aren’t shipped.

Day 11 on my Sky Girl Farms eggs. These are the eggs I’m most invested in. Her trio of Black Ameraucanas were owned by Paul Smith and were a breeding group of his. She got them from him when he got out of all colors except lavender. I have 4 eggs from them, all developing. The air cells on a couple are rough so I’m over here holding my breath. Also have 1 OE and 3 Marans in there from her. OE looks great, one Marans looks great and 2 I’m not sure on. I pulled 2 clear Marans as well.

So excited to start seeing babies in a few days. I’m emotionally recovered from all the DIS babies I had in the March hatch a long and have incubated these with a bit higher humidity to see if it helps since I went super dry last time.

Update on my group of Marans with the nasty egg that I pulled!
I candled last night and much to my relief, 13 of the remaining 15 eggs are developing. I am so glad because I spend a grip on these eggs and was convinced they were goners since I’ve never had one ooze like that. Today is day 15 for those.

Day 17 on my group of BBS Ameraucanas from a local breeder with Paul Smith lines. I candle them tonight and lock them down. 17 we’re developing as of day 10 and I hope all are still going strong since they aren’t shipped.

Day 11 on my Sky Girl Farms eggs. These are the eggs I’m most invested in. Her trio of Black Ameraucanas were owned by Paul Smith and were a breeding group of his. She got them from him when he got out of all colors except lavender. I have 4 eggs from them, all developing. The air cells on a couple are rough so I’m over here holding my breath. Also have 1 OE and 3 Marans in there from her. OE looks great, one Marans looks great and 2 I’m not sure on. I pulled 2 clear Marans as well.

So excited to start seeing babies in a few days. I’m emotionally recovered from all the DIS babies I had in the March hatch a long and have incubated these with a bit higher humidity to see if it helps since I went super dry last time.
Ugh I would love to get Ameraucanas from sky girl farm! Did you ask for just the black Ameraucanas, or did you get a mix of black and white as listed on her website?

Ugh I would love to get Ameraucanas from sky girl farm! Did you ask for just the black Ameraucanas, or did you get a mix of black and white as listed on her website?

She basically did me a favor by just selling me black. It is sort of inconvenient for her because she then can’t add black to the other orders and she only has the trio of black so it took a while to get my eggs and time it so it wouldn’t impact other orders. It was really really nice of her.

She basically did me a favor by just selling me black. It is sort of inconvenient for her because she then can’t add black to the other orders and she only has the trio of black so it took a while to get my eggs and time it so it wouldn’t impact other orders. It was really really nice of her.
Aw that was so sweet of her!

Of course, welcome!!
Thank you, I moved the 5 eggs from the mini7 to the Farm Innovator today. I also set 9 more from my girls (4 white rocks and 5 lakeshore eggers) then set 4 Easter Eggers (shipped) and 6 Partrigde Rocks (shipped) for a total of 24 eggs set. Hatch day will be 4/19.

Attachments

• 20200328_164932.jpg
    20200328_164932.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom