April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Joining! I'm receiving my shipped eggs from Meyer on April 1st. It's my first time doing shipped eggs so we will see.
Awesome! Shipped eggs are an excellent way to get rare breeds or new bloodlines. I usually hope for a 50% hatch rate with shipped eggs. Everyone does them a bit different but I'll try to help if you have questions.

Here's my candling I did today on the Pekin duck eggs. All look great.

IMG_20200322_204833~2.jpg

IMG_20200322_205019~2.jpg

@UThobbyfarmer I candled my Foxfire potluck eggs this afternoon. One was cracked on arrival, 28 are developing, 2 potential blood rings, and five that I'm not seeing anything in, yet.
That's great! I'm so excited for you! Which ones aren't developing? I've been really pleased with the Isbars that hatched. I hope those do well for you too!

That's great! I'm so excited for you! Which ones aren't developing? I've been really pleased with the Isbars that hatched. I hope those do well for you too!
Thank you!

The 3 Gold Laced Orpingtons and 2 of the 4 Barbieux are the ones that aren't showing any development. All 5 Isbars are developing well so far!

Its day 7 and have been informed by my other half we aren't going to candle the eggs till day 10 😒. Was also informed I'd been replaced as the keeper of the incubator by a unanimous vote of 1( also my husband). So it seems though "I'm the one doing the incubating" it's a front my husband has usurped me and has turned into a Mama hen. He now checks the incubator every 2 hours and chases me and the kids away from the incubator when we go look at it:smack. But I'm still the "crazy chicken lady"🤔

Coming on over from the March Hatch-a-long. I'm working from home now, possibly through May, so why not? I set another batch of ameraucana eggs this afternoon, so they'll be due April 13. Slightly disappointed to miss the EHAL but my ameraucana hen took her sweet time laying these seven eggs.

View attachment 2060198

You didn't miss the Easter hatch-a-long! I'm fairly certain they are allowing a couple days before and after for hatching wiggle room!
Beautiful blue eggs by the way!

Back
Top Bottom