April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Well my hens don't make broody noises or hiss as me typically so when they sound like velociraptors it's usually a good sign that they're thinking about it. She has also been flattening out like a pancake in the nestbox when she lays her daily egg. The only thing I haven't heard from her yet is the tell tale ticking time bomb cluck that broodies always do.
Ok I'm still new raising chickens so my 2 young girls have been acting weird like that the last few days and none of the others have been.

Candling results for cayuga eggs:
Screenshot_20200323-225000_Samsung Notes.jpg

Any thoughts? They are on D10. Should I candle again sooner? I was going to candle on D17 and D25 before locking down.

Two blood rings. I took one of them out and left one in because I wanted a second opinion, but I'm having issues uploading photos...

The rest of them were wiggling around! 🖤

View attachment 2060580
Blood ring in question ^

I didn't observe any movement. Pretty perfect circle, but it wasn't super red like most of the blood rings I've seen pictures of.

It does look like a blood ring to me. When I'm unsure I just put a question mark on the egg, do a quick sniff test to make sure I'm not putting a stinky egg back into the incubator and check just that egg a few days later to see if there's any change.

It does look like a blood ring to me. When I'm unsure I just put a question mark on the egg, do a quick sniff test to make sure I'm not putting a stinky egg back into the incubator and check just that egg a few days later to see if there's any change.
This is exactly what I did. I'll check this egg again in 2 days and make a decision at that point.

Back
Top Bottom