April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Pics
Experienced hatchers:
I've gone ballistic and bought an additional dozen eggs 😳. They’ll be here Friday and my current 7 (in the bator) are on track to hatch next week...how do I go about turning my newest batch when my older eggs are in lock down? 🤦🏽‍♀️

Taking them out of the turner and hand turning the ones that aren't ready for lockdown until you see external pips in the other eggs and then I would leave the incubator closed for them to hatch. Or you could do like I do and just keep buying more incubators. :lol: :oops:

Does anyone use a Farm Innovator 4250, I have the opportunity to get one for extremely low price still in sealed box, wanted get everyone's opinion on it first, thank you

I've used one, they're not bad. From my personal experience it performed better than the Little Giant and pretty close to the same as the Hovabator. Some love Farm Innovators and some hate them but I can only go off of my own experience. I did end up giving it away and kept my preferred incubators.

I've used one, they're not bad. From my personal experience it performed better than the Little Giant and pretty close to the same as the Hovabator. Some love Farm Innovators and some hate them but I can only go off of my own experience. I did end up giving it away and kept my preferred incubators.
I have another NR360 on it's way, but it has been delayed in shipping, and I can get this on Saturday to set the eggs waiting (22) and more coming in on 4/3 and still have 9 eggs on D17 this incubator. Thank you I will try the Farm Innovator if I don't like it, would it work as a hatcher

I have another NR360 on it's way, but it has been delayed in shipping, and I can get this on Saturday to set the eggs waiting (22) and more coming in on 4/3 and still have 9 eggs on D17 this incubator. Thank you I will try the Farm Innovator if I don't like it, would it work as a hatcher

You sound like me! LOL! Hatching addiction is real! :lau
I always found myself using each of the styrofoam incubators as the overflow incubators, or the ICU for assists, and yes, could be used as hatchers too. I JUST sold my Hovabator and not even two weeks later bought a another NR360 (used, so I at least saved a litte). So hopefully I'm done buying incubators for a while. Haha

You sound like me! LOL! Hatching addiction is real! :lau
I always found myself using each of the styrofoam incubators as the overflow incubators, or the ICU for assists, and yes, could be used as hatchers too. I JUST sold my Hovabator and not even two weeks later bought a another NR360 (used, so I at least saved a litte). So hopefully I'm done buying incubators for a while. Haha
I really like the NR360 I only had 3 clear and 3 questionable and 16 hatches out of 22 set and others where set to the mini7. Yes iam addicted :jumpy :yesss:

I just got a new bator! It's a Little Giant still air incubator to hatch some Araucana chicks. Leaving the incubator to settle for 48 hours until I put them in. My Rouen duck eggs are on day 3 but they were pretty shaken up after my cat jumped on the bator:he Hopefully they turn out alright. How are everyone else's hatches?!

I just got a new bator! It's a Little Giant still air incubator to hatch some Araucana chicks. Leaving the incubator to settle for 48 hours until I put them in. My Rouen duck eggs are on day 3 but they were pretty shaken up after my cat jumped on the bator:he Hopefully they turn out alright. How are everyone else's hatches?!

Hopefully your eggs are ok! :fl

Hi everyone! Excited to say I get to join the hatch a long for April! It is pretty unexpected. I bid on some GFF Pita Pinta eggs on EBay, and ended up winning, for cheap! I’ve been eyeing up this breed for months, but the auctions just got too expensive.

I hatched 21 beautiful chicks in early February. I sold 6 right away, and re homed 12 cockerels. I have one cockerel I’m keeping and only 2, yes, only 2 pullets. I’m not even 100% sure on them yet either. It was my worst hatch ratio ever!!

So I am really looking forward to hopefully hatching some more! I pick up the eggs tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom