April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

A couple of pics of my Legbars. They're 3 days old. Very sweet and chicks. I really like these birds.

IMG_20200424_134540485.jpg IMG_20200424_132533695.jpg

Today is my hatch day! So far one baby hatched 2 days ago (the hatch day was calculated correctly), but nothing today. Us this ok???
How many did you have in the incubator? It's possible your one hatcher was in a warm spot. Have you candled? Do you have any internal pips?

Internal pips look like a shadowy beak pushing into the air cell. To see them, position your flashlight beam so it shines into the air cell. Using the flesh between your thumb and index finger, cover the union between light and egg and as much of the air cell as you can, excluding the intersection between the cell and the darkness that is the chick. In that intersection, you will see a pointed wedge pushing into the bright cell. Turn the egg until you see it or decide it's not there.

If they're internally pipped and looking alive, that's good. If not, but you can see them moving at all, I personally would give them another day.

Back
Top Bottom