April 2023 Hatch-A-Long

I may be adding to the ones I have, but only in numbers. I pulled eight eggs from my OEGB enclosure, which I'd sold, and left one there. One of the hens decided she needed to 'protect' that remaining egg, lol! So she sat. And this morning there are two eggs in the nest.

I've let them brood and raise chicks before, so I have no issues with letting them do it again. Honestly, it's so much easier than raising them yourself!

The two cockerels I got from their last clutch are going to a new home today, so this is perfect timing.

My broody's today:
BO with the 6 eggs:
20230321_140647.jpg

The SF who had 4 eggs ( 5 now, someone laid in her nest and I forgot to mark eggs, and I couldn't tell the difference):
20230321_140356.jpg

And the original SF with the 5 eggs:
20230321_140445.jpg

day 3 so candled a bunch of my eggs, not all since I will give it a few days and check them all and maybe take out any for sure clears.

But saw LOTS of babies!!!!!!!! Some no babies but yolks seemed darker so maybe a bit behind, then a couple that may have been clear. But so excited since my EE eggs that are a stunning teal are developing, I THINK some of the frizzle girls eggs are but hers are so hard to see in but think I saw a darker baby spot in them, my Lavender Orpington eggs are as well!!!!!!

Fingers crossed you see something
Three. Out of thirty. I contacted the seller, and she checked hers and they looked fertile (bullseye in yolk). It may have been my incubator? I know it was running a bit high by a few degrees while it was in my daughter's house (I had a power outage in my place).

Dog may be getting extra treats. He loves it when I put an egg on his food.

Three. Out of thirty. I contacted the seller, and she checked hers and they looked fertile (bullseye in yolk). It may have been my incubator? I know it was running a bit high by a few degrees while it was in my daughter's house (I had a power outage in my place).

That is a bummer! Hopefully you can get some replacement eggs!

I have a huge batch of 160 eggs going for April 4th. The ones I posted about in march Hal that caused me to have to juggle incubator space. I have never done that large of a hatch but I’m thinking I’ll just have to make screen lids for the incubation trays and divined them up on a few levels. 🤞🏼(These are eggs I’m hatching for someone)

I also have 17 shipped buckeye eggs that I’m hatching for myself. I hatched from this seller last year and got a great hatch rate… my best ever for shipped eggs. Sadly a duo of wild dogs got most of them along with my daughters grown cemani roo when the chicks were a few months old. 🙁 So I’m trying again. They are in my nr 360.

I ordered a 24 egg disk for my brinsea but the eggs didn’t turn right!!! I’m really confused on that. The 14 egg disk it came with is really nice but the new quadrants seem like much flimsier plastic and in spite of having larger cut out holes wouldn’t turn the medium/large eggs.

I ordered a 24 egg disk for my brinsea but the eggs didn’t turn right!!! I’m really confused on that. The 14 egg disk it came with is really nice but the new quadrants seem like much flimsier plastic and in spite of having larger cut out holes wouldn’t turn the medium/large eggs.

Have you contacted them? They would probably send a replacement, not that it helps you right now...

Has the seller offered to send more if a poor hatch? The one I use will for cost of shipping if you get a poor hatch rate. So far I haven't got a bad one from her. Well guess last time with 8/18 eggs but most weren't fertilized so she did make up for it in this set and offered to send more next set.

Back
Top Bottom