APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

MAT thanks for the incubator pics.i like the hardware cloth idea to keep little beaks away.The plywood is a good idea too.Im going to set mine up like yours.How big is your cooler.?
So you have 2 lights a night light then the bigger bulb for heat?

So many nice chicks and cute pics ..

.Dave so happy for you.What kind are they?

My failed hatch is still in...... day 23 ...just had one chick hatch last night and one pipped this morning!
All is not lost due to 122 temp and 94 temps...I will leave this on lock at least 2 more days make sure any other late guys get a chance to hatch.
For those newbies i would leave lockdown eggs in 25 days.Sometime they are just late.Often if temps run lower you will get late chicks.

Sub....you LUCKY DOG!!!

Last edited:
Here they all are! I had 9 but last night, sadly one of my two black ones died last night :(

Im back again..my crazy hatch..
Walked into the room and find 3 chicks and a pip...day 23!! SURE everyone ws killed.Gee.... im not too positive am I?

I looked an hour or so ago and no pips at all but one and one chick ..its out now and another out and another is on the way!
.Unfortunately its all EEs and not my LOs or Silkys which people wants to buy..UGH.! My luck
,Well maybe later today ...who knows? my Los are always late in the best of circumstances..These little EEs are hathcin fools for sure but now im HappyHappy Happy! ....action at the bator
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

HAD to ADD...my Lucky day!!
My birthday present cat dance silkie eggs which a friend has in her cabinet inc.....she just called ... 3 hatched today and 3 pipped.Hatch Day is tomorrow
They came across the country from Washington In cold, on a plane, and truck was so afraid id get Zero... so im totally OVER thrilled !
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Im back again..my crazy hatch..
Walked into the room and find 3 chicks and a pip...day 23!! SURE everyone ws killed.Gee.... im not too positive am I?

I looked an hour or so ago and no pips at all but one and one chick ..its out now and another out and another is on the way!
.Unfortunately its all EEs and not my LOs or Silkys which people wants to buy..UGH.! My luck
,Well maybe later today ...who knows? my Los are always late in the best of circumstances..These little EEs are hathcin fools for sure but now im HappyHappy Happy! ....action at the bator
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

HAD to ADD...my Lucky day!!
My birthday present cat dance silkie eggs which a friend has in her cabinet inc.....she just called ... 3 hatched today and 3 pipped.Hatch Day is tomorrow
They came across the country from Washington In cold, on a plane, and truck was so afraid id get Zero... so im totally OVER thrilled !
yippiechickie.gif

Catdance Silkies are the best! SO jealous!

DD

Thought I'd join in I have 6 welsh Harlequin duck eggs due to hatch the 22 and 7 more due to hatch the 29th so excited first time incubating eggs from my own ducks

I also have Welsh harlequin ducks due to hatch this month! Mine are going to hatch on the 24th, so pretty close to yours. Welcome to the hatch-a-long! :)

Back
Top Bottom