dan10

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
Washington
Ive heard that these birds might be flighty and nervous
hmm.png

Last edited:
My white leghorns are very sweet and they lay a lot of eggs, almost every day! I adore them. They are pretty too. I hand raised them and give them a lot of treats. They were part of my first chick purchase (ever) so I guess I'm a bit biased. Still I had no intention of having pet chickens (just some eggs!) but those leghorns and golden comets (who also lay a lot) stole my heart, and now I have a new hobby
smile.png

108676_downsized_1007111220.jpg

108676_leghorn_nesting.jpg

108676_chicks_and_gracie.jpg

I've heard the leghorn roosters aren't very nice though. My neighbor has a leghorn rooster and he is not that friendly, also very dominant. I don't believe he had a lot of human interaction, so maybe that made it worse.

Quote:
All of my animals get a lot really well! One cat did swat at a chicken today while the bird was trying to take her food,
lol.png
but most of the time if I put food out, they all come running - dogs, cats, and chickens.
wee.gif
and eat happily together. Most of the time they don't pay much attention to each other. My neighbor however did adopt a stray male cat recently, and he is becoming a bit of a concern.

Back
Top Bottom