are my eggs ok? Got new chicks! come take a look at the video!

that's when you open the bator during lockdown and the humidity drops and results in the membrane shrink and getting stuck to the chicks so they can't get out. I'm worried you already have opened it since you drew on the egg. I would be misting them with warm water.

I drew on the egg in photo shop. Not literally
roll.png

The pip got a tad bit bigger, but it dosnt look like a hole. Just a dent. I dont hear any peeping eather. I am getting scared. I raised the humidity from 80 to 85 and that seem to help. is there anything else I can do? I dont want to compromise the hatch.

Sounds like a perfectly ordinary hatching egg. It may do no more for hours. It IS busy in there though, and if you interfere you will likely kill it. Go out, do washing, clean the bathroom, get your hair cut. ANYTHING, just don't touch the eggs!!!

Yeah, it's 21 days of incubation as per the rule, but it's only average. If the temp drops a little, add more time, if it goes up a little, take some time off. Mine hatched from lunchtime Tuesday to during Wednesday night. It made them during day 21 and during day 22. Pips from the Monday, so during day 20. It is interminably hard to wait, but that you have to do. Don't worry, they'll be fine. Stop freaking out about humidity, too, it will rise when the first one starts to zip anyway and stay up high while they hatch and dry off. Exactly where are you time-wise? During which day of incubation? Setting is the start of day 0 and 24 hours later becomes day 1 finished...

I am exactly 21 days and 17 hours into incubation. Only one of my eggs has made 3 very, very small dents (i wouldnt even call them pips there so small) in the shell. I have one other moving around.

Back
Top Bottom