Are my Silkies pure?

EmilySmith2525

Chirping
Mar 24, 2018
Newcastle,United Kingdom
So I have some 5 week old silkies and I only want to keep ones which are pure silkie for breeding purposes with my other flock.
They all have 5 toes and black skin, which is lighter on my red silkies, however I cant seem to see the blue on their face yet.
So i'm wondering if anyone else can tell if they are pure silkie?

Silkie 1
IMG_9296.JPG
Silkie 2
IMG_9297.JPG
Silkie 3 (lighter skin)
IMG_9299.JPG
Silkie 4
IMG_9300.JPG
Silkie 5
chickkkk.JPG

I can get other picture if wanted :)

I’m no expert but my silkie babies didn’t get the blue until much older than yours look.
I had a feeling it wasn't until they got a bit older as I have another batch which are pure and are not blue yet. I had just read on previous threads that they would be blue but that must be until they are older. IT was more the lighter skin on my red silkie I was wondering about.

I only see one red, the other is a partridge. It's lighter because the original silkies were white, new colors were introduced by crossing to other breeds with red being one of the rarer, newer colors. Ideal Hatchery is the only place I can think of that sells them- other places that sell them might have gotten them or the parents from Ideal.

I only see one red, the other is a partridge. It's lighter because the original silkies were white, new colors were introduced by crossing to other breeds with red being one of the rarer, newer colors. Ideal Hatchery is the only place I can think of that sells them- other places that sell them might have gotten them or the parents from Ideal.

The breeder only sells pure silkie eggs. I asked for 6 red silkie eggs but she may have slipped a gold an Partridge egg in there due the low eggs produced. It makes more sense now as I was pretty sure the darker one was not a red silkie however time may tell. Thank you for your help I understand why they have lighter skin now.

Back
Top Bottom