Are some senses of humor just a little too...macabre?

welsummerchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 26, 2010
Well, I am not going to mention the content of the news story that made me think maybe, just MAYBE some people's sense of humor is just a little too - well - dark.

Any examples of sense of humor that just might...be...a little too far over to the dark side?

I remember seeing some jokes about 9/11 and Columbine, not to mention certain... *ahem*. Those I would consider to be way too dark.

But anything else goes. I once laughed at a person dying in a video game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without giving examples, I have to say that I do have a pretty dark sense of humor. Some of the things I find funny, I KNOW are inappropriate. I think it's just how my brain processes tragic/disastrous situations. Something along the lines of "if we didn't laugh, we'd cry".

Quote:
Me too! Laughter or giggles in these type of situations means we are very anxious, nervous and its the way our brain is wired. Sure some folks don't think its funny but its best to wait after a good while after disaster or tragic things happened. Some things are left alone and not funny at all.

I work in a very high stress job dealing with drunks, domestic violence, accidents, death, etc. My co-workers and I all have a dark sense of humor and we have to to be able to survive in our field of work. I try to keep it at work though.

Quote:
Including my hubby, he is an EMT and sometimes he pokes fun like why didn't he see the stop sign? He must have saw a green sign before he got killed.
roll.png

Quote:
Don't forget about the 911 dispatchers (which is what I am and we always get over looked). We are the ones who take the call and listen to the people screaming or hear the gun shot go off in the background. Making jokes is a stress relief that other people don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom