Are these emu eggs fertile? Hatchalong

Pics
The universe is against me getting a white emu!!!

You and me both. I have blondes, but want a white. There's a lady in Texas I buy a few eggs from each year to try my luck. This year I hatched a blonde female, but still no white.

Last year I hatched a white, finally - and it had no eyes and couldn't stand. I ended up putting it down when it was a few days old. Gave it a good couple days of warmth and cuddling, and then did what needed to be done.

You and me both. I have blondes, but want a white. There's a lady in Texas I buy a few eggs from each year to try my luck. This year I hatched a blonde female, but still no white.

Last year I hatched a white, finally - and it had no eyes and couldn't stand. I ended up putting it down when it was a few days old. Gave it a good couple days of warmth and cuddling, and then did what needed to be done.
Bummer! Poor little thing… well at least you know whites may hatch from the person in Texas. I’m going to give it another go this winter. Hopefully the usps will be kind.

Keeping a glimmer of hope that the lady down south of me has someone back out on a white or blonde. I’d swoop it up an a few hours.

Maybe next season you’ll hatch out a couple whites : )

I got interested and goolged the white emus. It looks to me that whites are a leusistic coloring or a blue eyed white. So that would make sense that you would need 2 blondes to get a white.

So...
Standard x Standard = Standard
Standard x Blond = 50% Blond and 50% standard?
Blond x Blond = ?
Standard x White = 50% standard and 50% White?
White x White = ?
Blond x White = ???

Just read through this whole thread, how frickin amazing! Thank you for sharing all the ups and downs ❤️
You’re welcome ☺️

So...
Standard x Standard = Standard
Standard x Blond = 50% Blond and 50% standard?
Blond x Blond = ?
Standard x White = 50% standard and 50% White?
White x White = ?
Blond x White = ???

I believe Blonde x White = 50% Blonde 50% White

The lady I was just trying to buy chicks from has a Blonde x White breeding pair. She didn’t mention standard colors hatching.

Not sure on White x White or Blonde x Blonde

You’re welcome ☺️

I believe Blonde x White = 50% Blonde 50% White

The lady I was just trying to buy chicks from has a Blonde x White breeding pair. She didn’t mention standard colors hatching.

Not sure on White x White or Blonde x Blonde
If that is how the genes work here it would be
Blonde x Blonde = 25% standard, 50% blonde, 25% white

Back
Top Bottom