Are these fertile?

Claire611

Chirping
Feb 10, 2021
I’m still having trouble telling the difference between fertile/non-fertile eggs. Thoughts on these? Thank you!!
F2239661-16FD-4BD1-8F88-D7A2239BC319.jpeg

Come to think of it..I do the candling 1st to test my prediction before I crack the egg. Gets better with practice.
Here's a trick I use that I learned from someone else and have had very high fertility rate among the eggs I chose that will go into incubator. I might have a dud here and there but am amazed how many eggs are viable with this method.
I candle all eggs and choose the ones that look almost all clear with no dark spot or blob (where u can see it’s the egg yolk) BEFORE I incubate any egg. A clear egg indicates it's fertile. A shadow or blob indicates non fertile.
I was very skeptical about this method but IIke what I was told..... if you don't believe me .. try it.... so I did... I was blown away. I almost had 99.8 % fertility rate with every egg and chick development to lock down with most of them hatching. Just to prove this I also choose some that had dark blobs and marked these as duds....99.998% they turned up as duds!! The odd time a dud hatched but I put it in cuz I wasn’t sure.
Like holy ... does this method work. Going forward with hypothesis don't waste space in incubator with eggs that aren't fertile to begin with.
Very interesting! I’ll give it a try! Thanks!

I agree with the one on that bottom possibly being fertile. Any other pics with better lighting? :D

Back
Top Bottom