are these frizzle chabo's? what colour please?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
got these gorgeous little chickens today, supposedly chabos but i didnt realise you can get them with the frizzle look? the 3 frizzles are all roos, the smooth feathers are the ladies. 8 weeks old.
could anyone tell me what colours they would be referred to as please??

100_6573.jpg

100_6568.jpg

100_6569.jpg

100_6570.jpg

100_6571.jpg

100_6572.jpg

Last edited:
Cute! I would assume just like any other breed it is possible for chabos to carry the frizzle gene altho I am far from an expert. Here in the US we refer to chabos as Japanese bantams. They are adorable
big_smile.png

i fell in love with them as soon as i saw them, was only supposed to buy one couple but the girl bought 3 couples to choose from, ended up buying them all (but she let me have them for the very cheap price of €40!)
im over the moon! just curious on the colours though..think one roo and hen are cuckoo coloured but the rest...pffft! no idea!

Very cute! Quite a range of colors you got too!
Barred
Birchen
No sure- maybe buff columbian?
Barred
Mille Fleur/Spangled
& Crele

Sometimes the same color will have different names depending on the breed- like mille fleur for d'uccles vs. spangled for sussex.....

should i be looking to 'pair' them up or will they likely live happily together as a group?

can anyone tell me is it too cold in winter for the chabos this young to be outside 24/7? they have a house made from thin 12mm plywood with a run attached, but although its only september the night temps are nearly at freezing already! (between 3 and 6 degrees C this week!)

If you can run a heat lamp so thier water doesn't freeze at night, it should be warm enough. You can put vaseline on the little roo's combs to keep them from getting frostbite when it's really cold.

Oh- I made a mistake before- the last 2 are crele- the one isn't mille fleur.

Back
Top Bottom