are these frizzle chabo's? what colour please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Sep 26, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    got these gorgeous little chickens today, supposedly chabos but i didnt realise you can get them with the frizzle look? the 3 frizzles are all roos, the smooth feathers are the ladies. 8 weeks old.
    could anyone tell me what colours they would be referred to as please??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Cute! I would assume just like any other breed it is possible for chabos to carry the frizzle gene altho I am far from an expert. Here in the US we refer to chabos as Japanese bantams. They are adorable [​IMG]

3. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i fell in love with them as soon as i saw them, was only supposed to buy one couple but the girl bought 3 couples to choose from, ended up buying them all (but she let me have them for the very cheap price of €40!)
    im over the moon! just curious on the colours though..think one roo and hen are cuckoo coloured but the rest...pffft! no idea!

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Very cute! Quite a range of colors you got too!
    Barred
    Birchen
    No sure- maybe buff columbian?
    Barred
    Mille Fleur/Spangled
    & Crele

Sometimes the same color will have different names depending on the breed- like mille fleur for d'uccles vs. spangled for sussex.....

5. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    should i be looking to 'pair' them up or will they likely live happily together as a group?

6. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    can anyone tell me is it too cold in winter for the chabos this young to be outside 24/7? they have a house made from thin 12mm plywood with a run attached, but although its only september the night temps are nearly at freezing already! (between 3 and 6 degrees C this week!)

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    If you can run a heat lamp so thier water doesn't freeze at night, it should be warm enough. You can put vaseline on the little roo's combs to keep them from getting frostbite when it's really cold.

Oh- I made a mistake before- the last 2 are crele- the one isn't mille fleur.

8. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    many thanks [​IMG]

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Cuckoo, not barred; I would say black-tailed buff for the third and emon/citron for the last. Definitely not crele. Looking at feathersite, they would call the birchen one grey. http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Japs/BRKJap.html has a lot of photos.

Pretty birds! Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by