Are these RIR's

drinkguiness

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
Hello everybody. We're just starting out in the world of chickens and have found this website to be awesome. It was instrumental in helping me to make up my mind and take the plunge into backyard chickening. About a week before I had intended on buying 3 or 4 sex links at our local feed store, I stopped in to a TSC to pick up some supplies. Needless to say, I ended up leaving not only with the supplies, but with 6 chicks as well. Always the sucker I guess. Anyway, my sons love them, particularly Thomas, my 5-year-old. I got the chicks from the Red Pullet bin. I'm thinking they're Rhode Island Reds, but not sure. As a brand new member, I can't post a picture. However, I did "Like" the BackYardChickens facebook page and posted the picture there. Thanks for the help!

I believe that you can use a off site photo host like Image Shack to up load your pictures and post them on here..

Chris

I have chicks from the red pullet bin at TSC. Last year I got a few from it too. They all grew up to be RSLs, but I have two this year I believe are RIRs. They are feathering out with no blonde on them. The tag at our TSC said they could be RIR,RSL, or New Hampshire.

Quote:
Yep, I pretty much ONLY use an offsite photo host for posting pictures. My personal pick is photobucket.com

I bought some myself at tsc 13 to be exat they were supposed to be red pullets but as you can see they don't look like it. is this the way yours look?
48139_picture_001.jpg

48139_picture_003.jpg

48139_picture_002.jpg

horsewzl

No, yours are lighter colored than mine, but look nearly the same age. I'm guessing yours are between two and three weeks?

Back
Top Bottom