Are You Chicken Obsessed?? Are You Sure??

Just Just Just,,,,look,,,look,,,,,at my Avatar,,,,I'm a changed person since I got my chickens,,,,,,who in there right mind loves Green Chicken Feet,,,,Those Beautiful Long Toes,,,Yeah I have serious problems over here,,,,HAHAHA !!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
D.gif

How about when the house phone rings it plays "Old McDonald" and the cell phone rings to the Funky Chicken Dance! Oh yea, I got it baaaaddd!!!

I'll answer for my 4 year old. I KNOW she is because every shed we see she asks me, "Wouldn't that make a good chicken coop mom?" It doesn't matter where the shed is, it always looks like a chicken coop to her!
lol.png

WOW! I dont even have my coop built and I already fit in the obsessed category...I dont wake up at 2am thinking my chickens need company...I wake up at 2am wondering what kinds of chickens I should get..LOL

Eggzactly!

I would have to add myself into the Chicken obsessed category!

I started out with 30 chicks from McMurray, sold some, bought others, and I am still at 30. Although, I now have 18 chicks in the brooder, 14 chicks on order from Ideal and still wonder if I can get my hands on a couple others!

One 'third' of a shed dedicated to a coop has turned into 3/4 of the shed being the coop and a corner for a chick brooder, we now have a little walkway down the middle and no storage in there lol. And are building another smaller coop for the Bantams! I have invaded DH's shed with all my spare cages, tools and wire etc.
big_smile.png

My MIL called me yesterday to tell me about the Chicken Curtains/Rugs/Kitchen accessories all of which I 'have to have'! Needless to say, she is ordering me the curtains lol.

I spend way more than an hour on here reading about chickens and often wake up wondering what I can add to this or that to make the chickies (and ducks) happier lol. And I am currently hinting to hubby about getting me an incubator.

I have it bad! Now if my 4 month olds would just start laying, so hubby doesn't think I'm wasting all this money for nothing!!

Oh and definitely have to add, giving up things like shopping for clothes and shoes, so that I have extra cash onhand for the poultry sales or random craigslist ad! lol We never knew Lowes had a cull lumber section til the chickens came along. Now we are in there several times a week grabbing any piece of wood that can be salvaged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my word! I love you guys on here ... birds of a feather..lol we are like chickens . YES I AM CHICKEN OBSESSED! I haven't completly finished my coop for my 9 girls and 1 roo and already plotting where I will put my next one ( I don't tell my DH of this plotting he thinks I am sticking with only 10 chickens LOL ) I tell everyone at work about my chickens including my family and have pictures handy. My family when they call they ask me how my chickens are doing before they even ask how my DH and DS are:lol:. Chickens are enjoying to have .

Quote:
ROTFL!! forget the neighbors! I am lusting after the awesome mini barn my husband built for his tools and storage. I told him it would make an AWESOME coop!

I made him build onto the back of our woodshed so he could make that into a coop for me. I confiscated our home made rabbit cage, lobbed the legs off so it was shorter, took some doors off the cabinets out of our laundry room, screwed them to the top of the rabbit cage (after I removed the wire) and declared it a broody hen pen. Now it houses an OEG bantam with eggs LOL

I want chicks all the time! I can't just order once through the year, and if I am not on here, I am sitting next to the brooder box staring at my 16 - 4 day old peeps!

I think it is hereditary as well...My mom is chicken crazy, because she couldn't help herself when we went to Meyer on Tuesday, left with 11 chicks herself even though she adamantly sputtered for two weeks that she was NOT getting any chicks when we go! My daughter is now catching the obsession, and she is 9! Everything in our house revolves around the chickens!

Oh and today, my husband lost the front part of the woodshed to GOATS! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ETA: I am constantly asking my husband "how much would it cost for me to build this, and if we talk to some home building sites, do you think they would let me raid their scrap pile?"

Last edited:
Raid wood piles,,,ask total strangers for rolls of wire leaning against their shed,,,,Stop at all yard sales to grab collectible tupperware bowls,because they make great chicken bowls in the runs,,,you have to fight those tupperware collector ladies to get your hands on those,,,every thrift shop,,,wood salvage yard,,,home improvement store,,,you know what they carry,,,what you need,,,,what you want,,, you know every piece of wood,,, every free standing building,,, between your house and town. See I live on ten acres 1/2 is still wooded. TEN ACRES. Yes, I can plot out every square inch to include a chicken house complete with large run of course. I watch the lay of the land,,the way the trees stand,, how to work around large boulders,, how to work around running water,,,I have found,there is a way,,to put a coop whatever way the ground runs. All of this,,all of this energy,,,and of this time,,,all of this money you don't have,,in pursuit,,not of a life mate,,,not of grand goal of your life,,,but for a sideways glance from a bird that only stands a foot or so high,,,,,that turns around and walks away,,,showing you that cute little fuzzy butt,,all the while making that wonderful 'rusty henge' noise. Leaving you behind it with one, very warm, very tasty, perfect egg. You know, the ones you can get at any 7-11, or Wal-Mart, Safeway or Krogers. The only difference is,,,its "your" chicken, "your" energy, "your" love. Thats what I'm getting at. We do this because we want that love shared between us and our very loving, very trusting, so warm and soft feathered chicken. Nothing calms your nerves, takes away the stress, like having your soft fluffy bird jump in your lap, allowing you to pet, stroke and play with their feathers. Watching them settle into your lap, feeling those long toes grip your leg,,,all the while they are making that wonderful 'rusty henge' noise. Yeah,,this is why,,,
D.gif
D.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom