Arizona Chickens

I am going with grape vines everything I found said it is not a good chicken plant
Did you think about honeysuckle vines? I have some - they are fast growing and stay green plus my girls do not like them and never bother pecking at the lower leaves. They also will climb without much extra help. Mine are in both sun and shade and seems to do fine. They of course will need water but that's easy in the coop area. I believe that if I needed shade on a fence area I would try honeysuckle. Only a thought.......

Did you think about honeysuckle vines? I have some - they are fast growing and stay green plus my girls do not like them and never bother pecking at the lower leaves. They also will climb without much extra help. Mine are in both sun and shade and seems to do fine. They of course will need water but that's easy in the coop area. I believe that if I needed shade on a fence area I would try honeysuckle. Only a thought.......
Thank you honey suckle is listed as poisnous to chickens but they seem to know that will price them when I go to town in a few minutes

Grape vines are fine for the run. So are grapes for chickens. The seeds are not toxic for all animals. Dogs, yes. Birds, no. Plant seedless if you're worried about it. Obviously, grapes are high sugar and are treats, not the main source of food, but I'm sure that's rather obvious. You'd either be the region's greatest farmer or have $$ to sustain a big flock on grapes alone. Ha.ha.

Last edited:
More pics, you say? Awwww yesss!!!! First, allow me to introduce our Pekin duck, Elly (although we've started calling her Baymax XD) Next up is our Kakhi Campbell Ana (she hardly ever leaves the coop so this was a rare sighting) Next up is the lovely Queen Elsa, above everyone else, of course! ... and our other Blue Andalusian ... currently nameless!! I just call her "bluey" like the clown in FX/2 And ahhhh, my gorgeous white Ameraucana ... wasn't expecting such a lovely bird .. her name is Muffaletta because of her adorable muffs ^_^ And finally, our mystery chick!! I still don't know if this is a hen or roo, a Cochin or what...she(?) is Leopard-Face! And also, unfortunately, the victim of pecking!! :( I hope y'all enjoyed my showing off!!! :-D :-D
Yeah, love your brahma..

I've enjoyed reading about keeping chickens cool.  My chicks won't be here till August, but since I'm in the southeast, it'll be hot here till October.  I'm new here, but I always learn so much reading these forums!

What are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom