Arizona Chickens

I don't know if they would be or not. I did find an older thread here in BYC where someone was mixing the Dorking's:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/creole-dorkings.627962/
That mahogany Dorking is pretty. Too bad they gave up on the project.

One of the little Dorkings girls likes to be helpful. Whenever I clean up in the brooder, she comes out and picks at the ground wherever I'm trying to wipe up. It makes it hard to wipe up, but it's fun! :)

That mahogany Dorking is pretty. Too bad they gave up on the project.

One of the little Dorkings girls likes to be helpful. Whenever I clean up in the brooder, she comes out and picks at the ground wherever I'm trying to wipe up. It makes it hard to wipe up, but it's fun! :)

I'm glad that you are enjoying your little helper. Have you named her yet? :gig

I live in the Verde Valley about 15 miles from Chicken-mama. It does get hot up here but my coop is always in the shade as is half the run all day. Never had to mist or provide ice yet but I will if they look distressed.
Plenty of water and no cracked corn!

We have a whirlybird on the roof of the coop and that draws a lot of the hot air out. I make sure all the doors (3) to the coop are open and both windows for cross ventilation.

I have a friend who has had chickens for years in Peoria and they only thing she does is keeps the mister going during the day.

Jacie
Can you tell me about these whirly bird? How does it draw out the heat? I have anopen air coop/ run and provide shade cloth and lots of water, e.t.c

Can you tell me about these whirly bird? How does it draw out the heat? I have anopen air coop/ run and provide shade cloth and lots of water, e.t.c
A whirly bird is one of those metal Chef Hat things, the wind blows the turbine and it sucks hot air out the top. Not sure it would work on a open air coop.

A whirly bird is one of those metal Chef Hat things, the wind blows the turbine and it sucks hot air out the top. Not sure it would work on a open air coop.
Can you post a picture? I can't seem to imagine it. How could I use the whirly bird with this? Here's my coop as it was being built

Attachments

• 20201122_134237.jpg
    20201122_134237.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom