Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Least expensive good paint is found at Home Depot (Homer's). They put out oops paint for $5 a gallon. If you're not too picky about the color that is...
hmm.png

It is mostly interior but if you can wait they usually have exterior a few times a week. Sometimes they'll even throw a little tint in if for you. Lately the paint guy at our Homer's had been kind of an butt head about it though.

***Edited for family appropriate language***

Last edited:
Quote:
Not ours
hit.gif
. It was a sad, sad day when I walked in there and asked where they moved the oops paint to, and they told me they were not doing that anymore.
hit.gif
Apparently too much fraud going on, so now they just donate it to the Habistore and write off the loss.

Quote:
Not ours
hit.gif
. It was a sad, sad day when I walked in there and asked where they moved the oops paint to, and they told me they were not doing that anymore.
hit.gif
Apparently too much fraud going on, so now they just donate it to the Habistore and write off the loss.

That sux. Ours mentioned fraud as well but they just add a bunch of tint to it so the dishonest people cannot use it.

Maybe you could suggest that to the store manager?

Last edited:
Quote:
As I read your post I was thinking, "Wow, maybe I'm not so crazy", and then you said that. Great minds!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

ArizonaChicken, I just started shooting and shooting and shooting in the late afternoon when the sun was slanting nicely into the run, then picked the best!

Success with Moringa and this is what we did at the advise of a friend....

Soak in water for 24 hours (they will usually sink)

Remove and place in zip lock baggie or wet paper towel in baggie (we didn't us towel so we could see progress)

After 4 to 15 days they will sprout depending on temps warmer is better.

Two sprouts show one is the smooth root and other is the somewhat fury looking plant.

Place in pot with well drained sandy soil (3/4 sand and 1/4 potting soil.

Once it gets a good start transplant into same mix soil outside and watch it go......

a couple we started last weekend after getting seed box from ca are sprouted and in soil and 2 more are soon to follow.....

Cheers, Bill

Last edited:
Quote:
frow.gif
My DH just built a coop for my 3 new Seramas. I stopped by the Restore & they had a crib that they couldn't sell - so I took it. Voila! New crib coop
clap.gif
DH put a 1/2 floor where the mattress would rest, put walls on top of the floor, then a roof, ramp...covered with chicken wire & awning fabric on top for roof. It's great...I can move it by myself (only slightly struggling). They love it.

Glad I'm not the only one with "crazy" (as DH calls them) ideas.

We have to see pictures of this one!

I posted the only pics I have of it. I can take more pics of it completed IF I can manage to get home before dark tonight.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=82226-coop-de-crib

Quote:
As I read your post I was thinking, "Wow, maybe I'm not so crazy", and then you said that. Great minds!

That's what I thought when I saw your post.
hugs.gif
Sometimes I think I may be going overboard with the recycled/reuse thing - but then I see how much I save by doing that...then hubby confesses that it was a great idea. lol
love.gif

Quote:
Adorable! Thanks for sharing!
And, just in case anyone is worried to show their coop because it doesn't measure up, take a look at mine (on my page). It's as simple as it can be. Well, at least it's purple.
cool.png

I love the color! And is that a teeter totter I see in the background?

No teeter totter but they would probably love one.

Back
Top Bottom