Arkansas folks speak up.........

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wranglerFB, Mar 9, 2008.

1. cbbantams

cbbantams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    South
    I wasnt complaining about the judging.Just pointing out that judges do see things different,thats why its a good idea to talk to them after the show,to see what they can tell you to improve on.I know there is only one standard of perfection,some just interperet it in different ways.So just because you dont do well in one show under one judge dont get discouraged because the next show may be different.

2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    It is something how each judge sees and interprets differently.

3. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Who is showing at the Little Rock Spring Livestock Show?

4. littledel

littledel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Russellville, Arkansas
    Quote:When is it. would like to start going to some of these shows to learn more on the standards of the marans.

5. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
  6. cbbantams

cbbantams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    South
    I believe I am finished until the Fayetteville show in November.Now its time to start getting young birds selected for the fall show season.

7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I've thought about showing birds a time or two, but I worry about coming in contact with a sick bird...or the quarantine period after a show, and that the rest of the flock won't accept the "pretty bird" back.

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have some Barred Rock X chicks that are free. 2 of them, just hatched an hour or so ago. They are accident birds to me. I can only guess the mother got into the pen that was for my Langshans only and I picked up her eggs.

I'm in Fayetteville. Let me know if you want them, otherwise they're getting dispatched.

9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Yeah. Showing birds seems like a biosecurity NIGHTMARE to me. Not that I'm especially careful with my birds right now, but I wouldn't want to be spreading things at shows so I'd have to get with the program, ya know.

10. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Quote:I thought the show was changed to May the 8th, but they never changed the online catalog. According to Ann Charles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by