Arrghh!!! Too many chicks?!?!

I see I'm not the only one who goes out, looks at her chickens, doesn't see enough, and counts to make sure there are really 21 chickens!! I keep wanting to get more, too----I loev all the different breeds from Jersey Giants to Bearded Silkies-----Lord, help my loving hubby!!!! Poor man, at present, we have 10 kittens(our 2 cats each had 5 kittens in the past week) and 3 chicks living in our home------that's in addition to our 3 adult cats, 3 dogs, a blue and gold macaw, and a giant rainbow plated lizard, and 3 teen-age boys!! Can anyone do THAT math!!
smile.png
I think it all ads up to one hugely chaotic mess of an active household!
lau.gif
But life is sure never dull!
ya.gif

I just realized that "Arrghh" is the sound of you biting the tongue in your cheek wlie laughing. Right?
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

You've got two bantam broodies and 3 of their own chicks? Then you've got 10 chicks from the hatchery? The broodies are calling to the chicks? Well it can't hurt to divide the 10 to the 2 broodies and let them raise them. You'd be surprise what a momma can do when she has to. Keep the heat light nearby if she needs it but don't be surprised when she spreads her wings over the lot and raises them all. When the other 10 get there throw them in and see what happens. If there is a problem take them out and brood them yourself.

My wife is messing with my siphering. Now I have to factor in SB (Serama Bantems) + CD (Call Ducks) Plus CA (coop addition x P (pens) squared. How did ducks get in there. My calculater has smoke pouring out of the touch pad.

Quote:

You've got two bantam broodies and 3 of their own chicks? Then you've got 10 chicks from the hatchery? The broodies are calling to the chicks? Well it can't hurt to divide the 10 to the 2 broodies and let them raise them. You'd be surprise what a momma can do when she has to. Keep the heat light nearby if she needs it but don't be surprised when she spreads her wings over the lot and raises them all. When the other 10 get there throw them in and see what happens. If there is a problem take them out and brood them yourself.

Okay, They are all here now....I right now have them in a separate brooder with a light above it....but mama doesn't seem to like that...so I may just open the divider between and se how shoe does wth that....

Can doing that make her want to leave the others? Like give up an all of them? or hurt them?

Quote:
Well, I'm not interested in Turkeys, but I already have the pair of Cayuga ducks, whom I love. (Notice I said "whom" not "which.")

I'm eyeing the other third of my land-lady's property and can imagine at LEAST two more coops there..... they wouldn't interfere with her 3 sheep grazing at all.....

I've decided I do like putting together coop kits. It's "like" building but much easier.

Quote:
Well, I'm not interested in Turkeys, but I already have the pair of Cayuga ducks, whom I love. (Notice I said "whom" not "which.")

I'm eyeing the other third of my land-lady's property and can imagine at LEAST two more coops there..... they wouldn't interfere with her 3 sheep grazing at all.....

I've decided I do like putting together coop kits. It's "like" building but much easier.

My husband, the perfectionist, will never go for it.

Back
Top Bottom