Ask a chef

So @Akrnaf2 ?

What does one do with over a 100 pounds of lemons?

Pucker up Baby?? :p :lau

Keep mindful dear Benny, we are not suffering in the snow and freezing weather...but enjoying the fact that we can eat way more fatty foods because our bodies burn it for heat.

In fact today, at -25C...with the frost frozen on the trees and the sun making the skies PINK...I could not be living in a better place here on Earth...gorgeous, beautiful...no place I would rather be...in the dead of winter!

Dec 23 2014 IMGP6471.jpg

I live in paradise...all year round!

IMGP0088.jpg

Reasons to make Beef Chili...

Tara

hmm... baking powder vs baking soda? :confused: You could look up some recipes online and compare with yours to see if something is missing. I really am not a cook... more of a scientist. Cooking is all chemical reaction. Granny and I have a nickname for the kitchen... torture chamber!
:frow
The difference between baking powedr and baking soda is that b.powder don't need any acidifinig agent, like lemon or venigar, like baking soda do, just water.

:hugs    Awwwww Zach! I love reading all your posts, I am forever getting munchies when your around!!   Mike and I enjoy helping everyone and getting everyone together!  Thank you love this thread!!!  :highfive:
seriously thank you Sally. I'm happy to be swept up in this whirlwind of a chicken world. Looking forward to many fun contests.

@Akrnaf2 your buns inspired a salad I'm planning for tomorrow. roasted beets(red and gold), red onion, toasted pine nuts and some good funky blue cheese with a grilled rosemary vinegrette. Just hoping the store has beets or I'll have to change it up.

A.

Last edited:
In other exciting news....
Without going into too much detail because things still need to be finalized, my bosses are buying another restrauant with an established catering service attached.
Guess whos going to be running it?!?
Me and the Misses
1f602.png

He also mentioned my attention to detail and that I'd be training new employees, still plenty of details and about 30 miles between the restrauants so alot to hash out before its all said and done but he said we should be taking over by October.

Boom Shaka laka!

A.

Here one of the best Israeli rose! Gamla's Sira rose

Ah wine...
cool.png

celery, onion, bell peppers, two cans tomato soup, one can tomatoes, two cans whole mushrooms, buncha beef burger

We laugh because we knew of people that could not even get their wine bottled...started syphoning off wine from the glass carboy and here we have wine from our first year, 1989...makes it over 27 years old...time flies when having fun, eh?
smile.png

W.C. Fields:
Blackberry, peach, strawberry/cherry, plum, raspberry/blackberry, blueberry, lots of Beaujolais, Chateauneuf-du-pape, Valpolicella, even apple cider...Logan or Rowanberry picked from our own trees...yeh....lots of fun making it. We just needed to adopt people that drank it...Rick made I think it was six wine racks that held 121 bottles (11 by 11) and we still had to store bottles in boxes.

First I cook the beef hamburger, drain off extra fat, three pealed cloves of garlic, some fresh mushrooms sliced.

Anglo-Saxon Saying:
Good wine carrieth a man to heaven.

Open cans of tomato, tomato soup, mushrooms and put in crock pot on low heat.

Add things like bay leaves, spices you like and some parmesan cheese.

Moroccan Proverb:
Japanese Proverb:
Cook the veg till it looks like this.

On low for hours...this will cook and meld up flavours

Japanese Proverb:
First man drinks wine, then wine drinks wine, then wine drinks man.

Tomorrow, cook lasagne noodles, and then I may layer noodles, then sauce, cottage cheese, more noodles then sauce then grated mozzarella cheese...that be the lasagne...you can even make an extra tray of it and freeze it in freezer for a quick and slick great winterish type meal.
lol.png

Unknown Author:
I am done, not like dinner quite yet, but done here...later, eh.
tongue.png

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada​

Back
Top Bottom