ASK ME!!

I have three silkies one is broody and has been on her eggs for two days. Tried moving her last night but had to let her go back with others today as she stopped sitting on them. She is now nesting again I have put original eggs back under her but don't know if they will still be good. I am new to this, I have a cockerel but don't know if eggs have been fertilized. Is she ok to stay with other hens and or should she be separate

How long was she off the eggs before she returned? YES she can stay around other hens with eggs

HELP!

I introduced our Welsummer here last night saying we were getting two others on Tuesday. Well, we just couldn't leave her lonely that long, so we bought a silkie bantam from FFH in Holland. Now, our Welsummer is pecking at the Silkie's feet and face! The Welsummer was only alone as one chick for 24 hours total. Is this normal behavior? "Pecking" order? Or should we separate them? Is the Welsummer showing dominance because she's larger?

Sorry if this is a silly question -- just a new mama trying to figure out what's right!
fl.gif

How long was she off the eggs before she returned? YES she can stay around other hens with eggs
she was off the eggs for a few hours, she seemed stressed and running up and down because she had been moved. She was shut in coop on her own for the night and the eggs were warm that morning but I moved her back because she would not go back to them. As soon as she was back with the others she has been sitting on them in original nest she made

[COLOR=0000FF]HELP![/COLOR]

I introduced our Welsummer here last night saying we were getting two others on Tuesday. Well, we just couldn't leave her lonely that long, so we bought a silkie bantam from FFH in Holland. Now, our Welsummer is pecking at the Silkie's feet and face! The Welsummer was only alone as one chick for 24 hours total. Is this normal behavior? "Pecking" order? Or should we separate them? Is the Welsummer showing dominance because she's larger?

Sorry if this is a silly question -- just a new mama trying to figure out what's right!
:fl
she was off the eggs for a few hours, she seemed stressed and running up and down because she had been moved. She was shut in coop on her own for the night and the eggs were warm that morning but I moved her back because she would not go back to them. As soon as she was back with the others she has been sitting on them in original nest she made

Yes its normal just watch for blood MAKE SURE THERE IS NO BLOOD

If she has been sitting on them I would say all is well... its typically not good ideal to move a hen once she has nested im surprised she came back to them cause mine never would have

soon as you get to this post how do i calm my chicks a radio playing a enticing earthworm me sitting in coop for a long time doesnt help at all and any noise sends them running into the walls....... watcha got to help them calm down? there barred plymouth rock australorps wyandottes and ameraucana pullets with 1 maran rooster btw

soon as you get to this post how do i calm my chicks a radio playing a enticing earthworm me sitting in coop for a long time doesnt help at all and any noise sends them running into the walls.......  watcha got to help them calm down?  there barred plymouth rock australorps wyandottes and ameraucana pullets with 1 maran rooster btw

how old are your birds

Back
Top Bottom