Assisting Eggs/ Touching Baby Chicks

Joylime322

Songster
Aug 27, 2020
Dear Community,
I have some eggs soon to be set into the incubator but I am a first timer and I have a few questions that the internet just doesn't seem to have a direct enough answer for. Firstly, If I do open the incubator in the last three days, is it really as bad as I have heard? Second, has anyone ever hatched quails? If so, any advice :)
Thankyou! ~ ~ Joylime

Dear Community,
I have some eggs soon to be set into the incubator but I am a first timer and I have a few questions that the internet just doesn't seem to have a direct enough answer for. Firstly, If I do open the incubator in the last three days, is it really as bad as I have heard? Second, has anyone ever hatched quails? If so, any advice :)
Thankyou! ~ ~ Joylime
You'll likely need to at some point, but be aware opening it too much can mess with the humidity, and cause shrink wrapping.
I haven't hatched quails yet, but there are plenty of people on here who have.
Welcome to BYC!

You'll likely need to at some point, but be aware opening it too much can mess with the humidity, and cause shrink wrapping.
I haven't hatched quails yet, but there are plenty of people on here who have.
Welcome to BYC!
Thanks! My whole thing is just the balance between "ooh theres a fluffy chick that needs to be taken out" and "don't wanna squash the other lil ones..."

Thanks! My whole thing is just the balance between "ooh theres a fluffy chick that needs to be taken out" and "don't wanna squash the other lil ones..."

Once a day, or maybe twice, take out all hatched chicks.
If they are still a little damp--they can finish drying off in the brooder, if it's set up right.
Any chick that is still inside the shell at all, leave until the next time you take chicks out.

If there are a whole bunch in the middle of cracking shells and coming out--just leave it closed until they finish.

Once a day, or maybe twice, take out all hatched chicks.
If they are still a little damp--they can finish drying off in the brooder, if it's set up right.
Any chick that is still inside the shell at all, leave until the next time you take chicks out.

If there are a whole bunch in the middle of cracking shells and coming out--just leave it closed until they finish.
Thanks! I'll do that~

Back
Top Bottom