Attacked by Racoon, Severe Injuries, Emergency, Plz Help

Pics
Thank you so much! I think you're the one who wrote the dosing article?
Our Corid is 20%m not the .06% listed in there. Should we take it back and look for a lower % or do they make a Poultry Corid?
In the pic that was posted here, it was a liquid and it had the cow graphic on it, so I thought this was ok..?

1.5 teaspoons in one gallon makes a solution that is ~0.024% amprolium
corid_3.jpg

2 teaspoons in one gallon makes a solution that is ~0.024% amprolium
corid_2.jpg

Thanks Kiki, I'm just so invested in heni's recovery:D. and impressed with OGM' nursing! OGM - have you been able to get a weight on her and compare to another one of similar size?

We just got a scale today, so I don't have another weight to compare to, but she weighs 2 lbs .09 oz.

I didn't even think to compare her to another bird, duh, but I will try to asap

Raccoons are about the worst aren't they. I had my outside light out a few nights and one came into my coop, killed my best Easter egger , dragged her outside left her because my dogs were on it by then. They killed the coon , but she was already dead. Now I keep the pen and coop lit up with LEDS and the chicks locked in. Too many coons around anymore, because nobody hunts them. When I was growing up in the 70s they were not nearly as populous because we hunted them with hounds. The fur would bring 30-45 dollars. Now it's nearly worthless.

Yes they are! Never had a clue they were such a problem for chickens/birds.
So sorry about your loss :(

My grandfather & cousin (my Grandpa taught him) used to trap and I remember them complaining about the prices dropping.
We tried to give away the one we killed, and were told it wasn't even worth their time to clean, etc, so we just buried him.
LEDs are a great idea, they'll be too blinded to find their way in!

Thanks Kiki, I'm just so invested in Heni's recovery:D. and impressed with OGM's nursing! OGM - have you been able to get a weight on her and compare to another one of similar size?

Thank you so much, for everything, including having patience with me, lol.
Sometimes I talk too much, too quickly, get excited and write before I think...
Thank you everyone!:bow:love

We just got a scale today, so I don't have another weight to compare to, but she weighs 2 lbs .09 oz.

I didn't even think to compare her to another bird, duh, but I will try to asap
How old is she and what breed?

Weighing tip... weigh first thing in the morning before they eat or drink.

Back
Top Bottom