Attacked by Racoon, Severe Injuries, Emergency, Plz Help

Pics
I would NOT take her food away..
Let he eat as much as she wants.

Great! Thank you for replying so quickly!:love

I was looking at other threads and just got the alerts. Our wifi has been really slow recently. I think that may be contributing to my 'lost post/missed replies' syndrome.

She is not a meat bird...meaning she is not going to eat herself to death.
She needs good foods right now to help her heal.
A complete chicken feed being the main part of her diet so she doesn't "fill" up on the other stuff.

Have you ever read this:
Proper FEEDING
Well I take back what I said about never having a chicken do that, lol. @KikisGirls post reminded me my first chickens were Cornish X and yes they never stop eating unless you take their food away....which I didn't cause I didn't know anything about chickens then or what I was dealing with. Surprised they made it to processing alive.....

She is feeding back up. She should get back up to pre-injury weight within about 2 weeks once feed intake starts ramping up.

Overly rich animal products are going to cause problems.

Nice! Thank you :)
I stopped the high doses of Nutri-Drench a few days ago and the brown is out of her poop.
I'd only give her this occasionally, thank you for the warning. :)

Nice! Thank you :)
I stopped the high doses of Nutri-Drench a few days ago and the brown is out of her poop.
I'd only give her this occasionally, thank you for the warning. :)
She NEEDS food...that is why she is scarfing it down.
Let her eat as much as she wants.

Well I take back what I said about never having a chicken do that, lol. @KikisGirls post reminded me my first chickens were Cornish X and yes they never stop eating unless you take their food away....which I didn't cause I didn't know anything about chickens then or what I was dealing with. Surprised they made it to processing alive.....
Oh no! Lol
I'm assuming that's a meat bird, I've heard stories about their legs breaking because they get so big!?

Oh no! Lol
I'm assuming that's a meat bird, I've heard stories about their legs breaking because they get so big!?
Yep, that and they have strokes and heart attacks. Pretty sad....Their leg span is so wide I had to lift them into coop at night and take them out in the morning. They couldn't use the ladder, too wide, and if they hopped down I was scared they would break a leg.

Back
Top Bottom