August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I started with 5 Isbar x Red Laced Polish eggs and 2 were quitters. The 3 left go into lockdown on Tuesday. This is my first hatch and I can't wait
1f603.png

Good morning to all my peeps out there!! I was not expecting babies this year but my black astolorpe decided otherwise.
the dark baby is 2 days old and the other 2 are 3 days old
13895501_10206583644701718_6583539916070937190_n.jpg

13895123_10206583686102753_4292200744385029680_n.jpg

I still have 2 in the incubator. Tomorrow will be day 25. Candleing doesn't show any movement, and float test seemed ok, except the lack of movement in that also, and there is no stink. I think after tomorrow. I will have to call my first a fail.

I still have 2 in the incubator.  Tomorrow will be day 25. Candleing doesn't show any movement, and float test seemed ok, except the lack of movement in that also, and there is no stink. I think after tomorrow. I will have to call my first a fail.
man I hope your wrong, any way the date is off? I hope they end up hatching for you!!!

Hard to tell, they were shipped from Florida. I only had 4 eggs out of 13 that were good (and yes, USPS refunded me with no problems) 2 hatched early, but didn't make it and that could have been my own fault with my temp being too high in the brooder, although they had plenty of room to move out of the heat but didn't, and now these 2 eggs have me completely puzzled.

Hard to tell, they were shipped from Florida.  I only had 4 eggs out of 13 that were good (and yes, USPS refunded me with no problems) 2 hatched early, but didn't make it and that could have been my own fault with my temp being too high in the brooder, although they had plenty of room to move out of the heat but didn't, and now these 2 eggs have me completely puzzled.

This is my first hatch and I've had my fair share of issues too, but I'm following another tread similar to yours where the girl though the eggs were no good because it was day 24 and they hatched the next day the other person said some can wait to hatch until day 26, and I know you can't see much movement in there this far along, so unless it stinks lock them down and wait

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom